• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Is there any famous Swedish internet forum/board?

Trying to find information abt a restaurant in 70s

nat08
post 8.Jan.2013, 07:01 PM
Post #1

Hello,

I'm a Japanese living in Stockholm, and am looking for Swedish internet forums/bulletin boards to ask about a restaurant in Stockholm in 70s.

About 40 years ago, My dad stayed in Stockholm for three months in the middle of his world trip. While staying, he worked as a dishwasher/waiter at a restaurant and made money to buy a flight ticket to the US.

Three years ago, when I planned my first trip to Sweden, he asked me if it was possible to find that restaurant (or the place where it used to be) and took pictures for him. He vaguely remembered the name of the restaurant and that he walked to there from Slussen, so I googled with these information but couldn't find any clue.
A year after that, he passed away. Shortly after his death I met my Swedish boyfriend and now I live in Stockholm. Recently I retried to find the restaurant he worked and, thank the improvement of Google Suggest, I found a blog post from 2005, which indicates that there used to be a restaurant with a name that is very similar to what he remembered, on Hornsgatan in 70s. I sent an e-mail to the blog's owner to ask a few questions about that restaurant but haven't got any reply yet, maybe she no longer checks that e-mail address, so I want to post on Swedish forums/boards to ask if there's anyone knows or remembers about that restaurant. Anyone knows any good place to post?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
axiom
post 8.Jan.2013, 08:24 PM
Post #2

try flashback.org
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 8.Jan.2013, 09:17 PM
Post #3

What was the name of the restaurant?
+
Commie
post 8.Jan.2013, 09:44 PM
Post #4

If your dad was working legally, maybe you should ask Tax Authority for the records?

I would be careful posting on flashback in English though, it is full of nazis and other odd personalities.
+
jvtx3232
post 9.Jan.2013, 07:08 PM
Post #5

Was it McDonalds?
+
nat08
post 13.Jan.2013, 05:47 PM
Post #6

Thanks for replies! I'll check Flashback and maybe will ask my bf to post in Swedish. I'll also try to ask my Swedish friends' parents that if they know about that restaurant.
+
Justin O'Pinion
post 13.Jan.2013, 08:01 PM
Post #7

Is it me, or would this idea make for a great documnentary? It's an intresting concept and I wish you success, whatever path you take.

Best of luck in your search.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se