• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Canadian interested in Swedish opportunity

What will I need?

Joseph2013
post 1.Mar.2013, 01:22 AM
Post #1

Hello, I'm from Vancouver, Canada and I am a business student ( 4year bachelor of business admin. ) wanting to specialize in international business. Swedish and in a broader sense Scandinavian culture and how I precieve it to be, has always captivated me. What are the chances of me getting a "good" job with a bachelors degree from an internationally accredited 4 year university ? Mind you I do not speak Swedish; however, I'd love to learn.

On a side note: What disciplines of business are trending in Sweden at the moment (HR,Marketing,Finance,Accounting,etc) ? I ask because I've yet to declare a minor !

Thank you so much smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
johnjohn
post 1.Mar.2013, 04:52 AM
Post #2

Without speaking Swedish, without work experience and without a Swedish business and social network your chances are between very little to none. Good luck.
+
Joseph2013
post 1.Mar.2013, 07:35 AM
Post #3

Oh I have a little experience sorry. I am working as a financial advisors assistant for the past 9 months (still going) but ya thats about as good experience I can get at 19 lol Thanks tho !
+
johnjohn
post 1.Mar.2013, 08:56 AM
Post #4

Learn Swedish, Develop a network and work for a company that has offices in Canada and Sweden.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com