• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Another shooting in Malmo

I wonder if it will effect the Eurovision?

byke
post 25.Jan.2013, 09:08 PM
Post #1

I read there was yet another shooting in Malmo today, with what appears to be almost an assassination style shooting. With 2 head shots, and one abdomen shot.

There was a lot of talk a few months back, that crime prevention would need to be stepped up in the area in regards to alleviate any potential bad media in hopes it wont effect such things as the Eurovision song contest. As the last thing you want is a big event which costs the state millions, only to be tarred with violence and stories which do nothing to help tourism.

Especially when Malmo has such a past relating to gun violence, and poor police success rates.
Lets just hope we dont see an attempt to silence or dampen down such crimes to save face.

http://www.expressen.se/kvp/man-skots-i-hu...--till-sjukhus/
Go to the top of the page
+
Redondo Beach
post 25.Jan.2013, 09:23 PM
Post #2

And yet in the thread titled "Differences in the 3 big cities" someone is questioning my claim that Malmö is a crime ridden city!

It's not just EuroVision. Malmö will also host the 2013 Under 20 Hockey Championships in December (a much bigger event than the Hockey World Championships in Stockholm in May. This "U20" tourney is actually the most watched event in Canada each year). Why on Earth Malmö is getting all these high profile events is a mystery to me. It's a scary, dangerous town and I can't imagine any tourist feeling comfortable there.
+
jvtx3232
post 25.Jan.2013, 09:32 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Redondo Beach @ 25.Jan.2013, 08:23 PM) *
It's a scary, dangerous town and I can't imagine any tourist feeling comfortable there.

Especially if you're Jewish! That's because of all of the Muslims the wacked-out self-hating militant political correct Sweden government is intentionally importing.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 25.Jan.2013, 10:36 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (byke @ 25.Jan.2013, 10:08 PM) *
I read there was yet another shooting in Malmo today, with what appears to be almost an assassination style shooting. With 2 head shots, and one abdomen shot.There was a lot o ... (show full quote)

Gee!

And I thought that Europe had wonderfully effective laws that ended gun violence...not at all like the "wild west" United States, and it's murderous Second Amendment! laugh.gif

Right, Byke? cool.gif
+
snarky
post 25.Jan.2013, 11:43 PM
Post #5

I don't think there will be any problems with the Eurovision. I mean hell Loreen was a bit outspoken about the human rights issues in Azerbaijan and Eurovision still went on without a hitch. Sure there were a few articles in the news, but that was about it. So unless some tourist gets shot in the midst of the Eurovision, I personally don't think there will too much fuss about the criminal activity in Malmo.
+
Redondo Beach
post 26.Jan.2013, 12:09 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (jvtx3232 @ 25.Jan.2013, 09:32 PM) *
That's because of all of the Muslims the wacked-out self-hating militant political correct Sweden government is intentionally importing.

It's not just the government. Take a look at the article on TL yesterday about the ICA Kaxås welcoming all the Syrians to their tiny town! I looked at their "welcome to Sweden" on-line letter last night and it had over 10,000 messages from regular Swedish people almost all saying how great it was that this town of 150 people now has 17 Syrian "families" (meaning 6-8 people)!

I have no idea why Sweden wants to destroy its own culture and identity, but it makes me sad.
+
Opalnera
post 26.Jan.2013, 12:23 AM
Post #7

Oh no maybe they will have to cancel it! tongue.gif
+
oddsock
post 26.Jan.2013, 12:23 PM
Post #8

Wow, how quickly people forget the guy in Malmö in 2010 who went around shooting a new person every week for a couple of months. Where was he from again?
+
Migga
post 26.Jan.2013, 02:13 PM
Post #9

Finland
+
oddsock
post 26.Jan.2013, 02:48 PM
Post #10

Haha, you're a hard case (as we say in Ireland), he is a white, Swedish born Swede. But his dad is from Finland so I guess that's enough for you. Meanwhile, on the other thread, you have correctly pointed out that Zlatan is very much a Swede. I guess people can be Swedes when they are scoring goals but not when they are shooting guns.

It reminds me of the BBC commentators when Northern Irishman Eddie Irvine was driving in Formula 1: "And Briton Eddie Irvine is on the final lap now in first place!! Oh no! The Irishman has spun off!"
+
Migga
post 26.Jan.2013, 04:20 PM
Post #11

What does his skin color have to do with anything? Yes he`s a Swede with a Finnish heritage, just like Zlatan is a Swede with Bosnian/Croatian heritage. The last person who went around shooting people like that was also a Swede but with a German/Swiss heritage. Perhaps there is a connection? Bullied because of ther heritage when kids, grew up an outcast and then targeted minorities?
+
byke
post 26.Jan.2013, 04:29 PM
Post #12

Or maybe its the fact they had Swedish heritage mixed in there?
If we look at all the examples you have described, what they all share is being related to Sweden somehow.

Mattias Flink gets the chance for parole next year.
+
Migga
post 26.Jan.2013, 04:44 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (byke @ 26.Jan.2013, 04:29 PM) *
Or maybe its the fact they had Swedish heritage mixed in there? If we look at all the examples you have described, what they all share is being related to Sweden somehow.Matti ... (show full quote)

Perhaps, not many ethnic Swedes that`s gone around shooting immigrants though. Mattias Flink didn`t target minorities, but the thing the three got in common is that they were outcasts. Perhaps one should keep an eye on outcasts, where are they most prevalent? Amongst the majority society or in minority groups?
+
byke
post 26.Jan.2013, 04:59 PM
Post #14

I think what you are looking for the term socially inept or private.

John Ausonius is another Swede who was motivated in shooting people in Sweden based on their racial background.
+
Migga
post 26.Jan.2013, 05:42 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (byke @ 26.Jan.2013, 04:59 PM) *
I think what you are looking for the term socially inept or private.. John Ausonius is another Swede who was motivated in shooting people in Sweden based on their racial background.

Socially inept is probably the better word of the two, private not so much tongue.gif

Yes I know, that`s why I meantioned him;
QUOTE (Migga @ 26.Jan.2013, 04:20 PM) *
The last person who went around shooting people like that was also a Swede but with a German/Swiss heritage.
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN