• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Pirate bay now in North Korea

The future of freedom?

byke
post 4.Mar.2013, 08:04 PM
Post #1

Now here is a funny turn up for the books.
After having to leave Sweden due to legal issues threatening the Swedish political party, hopping over to Norway for a few days it would seem that the new home hosting the pirate bay is North Korea laugh.gif

http://falkvinge.net/2013/03/04/after-bein...om-north-korea/
Go to the top of the page
+
Yorkshireman
post 4.Mar.2013, 08:38 PM
Post #2

The Future of freedom? ...from that in the title I gather You believe it is ok for someone to copy your bank/card info then allow it to be distributed across the net to as many people as possible, just so they can buy things for free using the cash that you invest in your bank/card accounts?

Just because it is digitised intellectual property does not mean it should be freely available! Who will create films, music etc... in the future if there is no income for those that create?

Maybe we could extend that freedom to physical items also? blink.gif

...mind You, would they not have been better off seeking virtual asylum in the Equadorian Embassy in London biggrin.gif
+
byke
post 4.Mar.2013, 10:22 PM
Post #3

I was simply conveying the story and needed to fill in that second silly part of the thread title.
I dont support piracy, but I dont support restriction of information either.

Maybe we could extend this restriction of information to other things also ? blink.gif
Such restriction of information concerning current affairs involving crime or trying to cover war stories (As good old labour tried a few years back)

... Mind you, A case trial regarding political and legal ramblings of charges that have never been served or interviews taking place as needed is virtually criminal biggrin.gif
+
Hisingen
post 4.Mar.2013, 11:45 PM
Post #4

With the move to North Korea I wonder how free the transfer of stuff will be? That country is not exactly reknowned for freedom of movement, is it?? Other than rockets out into space that is. cool.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 4.Mar.2013, 11:55 PM
Post #5

This was a nice article for file down load devotees...published a while ago.

If you read it you may think they were denied their religious freedom and must seek sanctuary in a friendlier country. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

http://www.thelocal.se/38350/20120105/
+
Yorkshireman
post 5.Mar.2013, 12:00 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (byke @ 4.Mar.2013, 10:22 PM) *
I was simply conveying the story and needed to fill in that second silly part of the thread title.I dont support piracy, but I dont support restriction of information either.M ... (show full quote)

In your illogical linkage of bittorrent trackers sharing links to information restriction, we can add that it should be perfectly ok to share @bykes bank and credit card info + digital copy for download!

It is just a feeble attempt to justify promotion of distribution of copyrighted intellectual property sad.gif ...it is 2 seperate things ...and besides that, the labour Gov. (any Gov in the UK for that matter) could always slap a D-notice on information to prevent and remove sensitive information from media wink.gif
+
byke
post 5.Mar.2013, 12:50 AM
Post #7

http://gizmodo.com/5988421/the-pirate-bay-...-to-north-korea
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN