• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Late residence permit renewal For EU citizen

Living in Sweden

Stratala
post 2.Jan.2013, 03:30 PM
Post #1

Long story short i missed the date to renew my residency permit, i forgot that my passport had run out so had to send of for that which turned out to be a hassle and took a while.
I am a EU citizen (UK) Living with my sambo, no full time job at the moment so will need to re apply on the sambo residency.
However the MV website has me totally confused, my previous application was the non EU type after i arrived, and went through very easily, however the website say i need to apply from outside the country and i see also that Swedish citizens (my sambo) are not counted as EU citizens so i can't use the EU application form?
So i was hoping someone would know the procedure, maybe Puffin whoes advice i followed the first time (as a forum lurker :-p ) and made it all so easy.

Thanks for any help folks
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 2.Jan.2013, 06:02 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (Stratala @ 2.Jan.2013, 03:30 PM) *
However the MV website has me totally confused, my previous application was the non EU type after i arrived, and went through very easily, however the website say i need to ap ... (show full quote)

EU citizens can always apply inside Sweden, unless you have been deported by a criminal court (very unlikely). Fill out forms 161011 and 2250121, available for printout here:

http://www.migrationsverket.se/info/1220_en.html

Send them by post to the Migration Board, whatever permit office is nearest. No application fee for EU citizens. Enclose a copy of your new passport and a certificate from the Skatteverket ("familjebevis"), one for yourself, one for your partner. The Skatteverket can send a certificate to you in the post here:

http://www.skatteverket.se/privat/folkbokf...bc80003671.html

Good luck!
+
mångk
post 3.Jan.2013, 03:12 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Stratala @ 2.Jan.2013, 03:30 PM) *
Long story short i missed the date to renew my residency permit, i forgot that my passport had run out so had to send of for that which turned out to be a hassle and took a wh ... (show full quote)

How late is the application for renewal???
+
Stratala
post 3.Jan.2013, 06:54 PM
Post #4

Months i am afraid, the passport was not easy to sort out. Why does the amount of time affect anything?
+
Yorkshireman
post 3.Jan.2013, 09:21 PM
Post #5

If I understand correctly You previously had a UT and not the EU Right of Residence UR ...which means, if you missed applying for an extension before the expiration date the clock is quite probably reset. Your previous 2 years, or 1 maybe?, might not count towards permanent residency, and You have to apply for a new permit rather than an extension to the existing one. If your lucky, since they are pressed for time now, it takes a while to process and they ignore the missed expiration date and go straight to giving the permanent one PUT. You never know smile.gif
+
Stratala
post 4.Jan.2013, 12:37 AM
Post #6

If there is one thing i know, it is that with swedish bureaucracy you never, EVER know.
Yes yorkshire you are correct, i am waiting to hear about a job within the next few days so if i am lucky i can blow all this off and go the job route but if not i want to get this right after messing it up my end for once :-s
+
mångk
post 4.Jan.2013, 12:53 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Stratala @ 3.Jan.2013, 06:54 PM) *
Months i am afraid, the passport was not easy to sort out. Why does the amount of time affect anything?

Did you apply for a new passport before the UT expired and the delay is only because of the time it took to get the new passport?

If so, can you document that?

If so, you could try applying for an extension and attach a letter explaining the delay and documenting it. Explain that you are aware that you require a valid passport for the extension and the delay was soley as a result of waiting for the new passport. If you can, take the application in yourself and explain it in person as well.

Normally a couple of days might be excused, months not.

Worst case scenario they treat it as a new application. sad.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se