• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Where can I unlock a phone in Stockholm?

For those incapable of Googling for themselves !

camsasuke
post 19.Sep.2012, 02:55 PM
Post #1

Hi there, i Just moved to Stockholm a few weeks ago, and i'm looking for a place that will unlock my UK galaxy 2 handset.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

Cam
Go to the top of the page
+
Johno
post 19.Sep.2012, 03:32 PM
Post #2

Go to www.google.se and search on "mobil lås upp stockholm" Gives for example http://www.mobilteleakuten.com/
+
skogsbo
post 19.Sep.2012, 04:37 PM
Post #3

you can probably do it online, just google for phone unlock codes.
+
Johno
post 19.Sep.2012, 08:19 PM
Post #4

I wanted to unlock a Nokia and tried the online guys. One charged for a general advice sheet without giving a code and I complained and got my money back. Another I tried got me to give them codes from the phone and eventually came back and said they couldnt do it, but no charge, So I went into the T Mobile shop where I bought it and they werent interested. But they said try the shop across the street, he probably can help. Phone accessories, phones mended, neon sign, couple of Indian guys. But they did it. £10 if I remember. So your choice. In Sweden some of the phone company web sites say unlock after a year. But your phone wasnt bought in Sweden. Your choice.
+
webkinzie
post 21.Sep.2012, 08:53 AM
Post #5

Hello, Could anyone please tell me where i could get a phone (bought in Canada) unlocked in Uppsala ?

Thanks !!
+
Johno
post 21.Sep.2012, 09:05 AM
Post #6

Go to www.google.se and search on "mobil lås upp uppsala" Gives for example http://www.daltek.se/

ps Do you note the similarity of this post to my first posting to the initial question ? angry.gif
+
Hede
post 20.Dec.2012, 06:15 PM
Post #7

check it out on YouTube before if its easy do it your self if not just ask any phone repair shop in town they will tell you . but I don't recommend buying or fixing anything in town because everything is double priced compare to the places outside town
+
CathySky
post 23.Dec.2012, 11:53 PM
Post #8

I also would like to know where I can unlock my Iphone for cheap. I have an Iphone locked to Orange UK and have been to three independent mobil stores for unlocking and they keep telling me that it would cost approximately 1000-1200kr! I have tried taking the phone to Tele2, Carphone, Telia, etc and according to them if the phone aint on their network then they aren't unlocking it..if it were connected to their network it would only have cost me a measely 300kr!

I have tried youtube and google without any help, I am not too sure that I fully understand the tech jargons either, maybe thats why it aint helping. SO if any of you good folk know where I can unlock my phone for less than 1000kr, please speak and I shall be forever grateful smile.gif
+
byke
post 24.Dec.2012, 12:19 AM
Post #9

Factory unlock for the iPhone is close to impossible.
As while there are certain software unlocks, they often break.

1200:- isn't that bad tbh.
+
Johno
post 24.Dec.2012, 10:45 AM
Post #10

Go the official route http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/support/personal/474187
+
CathySky
post 24.Dec.2012, 07:24 PM
Post #11

thanks for the suggestions. Merry christmas folks!
+
dashy81
post 11.Jan.2013, 11:20 AM
Post #12

http://appleunlocker.com/
+

Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options