• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Check your reciept when you shop!

Double payments prblm

Jamshidtash
post 23.Jul.2013, 03:38 PM
Post #1

Hi again,

I was charged twice when I pay with my card on xxxx... supermarket. First time I just forget (it wasn't so big amount) and next time I call them and asked why they have charged me twice. They told me to write to their e-mail, I send them my bank statement even. The answer was they only reserve second charge but it wasn't drawn from my card so I should contact to the bank.

Later on I got my money back, and now I always carefully check all items that I buy, even third time I found that pack of egg was drawn twice, and I contact to casher on time so she gave my money back with a shameful smile.

So, this is my msg for you, check your receipt wink.gif

P.S. I do not write the brand of supermarket, but all was in different stores.
Go to the top of the page
+
Hisingen
post 23.Jul.2013, 04:03 PM
Post #2

It always helps, too, to do a quick calculation before getting to check-out, so that you know pretty well what to expect the bill to come to. It only takes a little mental arithmetic and can save you embarrassment in the long run.
I do it wherever I am shopping, and have done so for the past sixty years so it is somewhat ingrained in my mind. Having the sum more or less correct to the öre ensures that I have enough cash, or that the receipt for money drawn on my card will be correct.
That way any double-debit can be challenged at once. Not so easy with the Internet, but nevertheless - - -
+
Max Reaver
post 23.Jul.2013, 05:10 PM
Post #3

Right. You gotta admit that sometimes the cashier doesn't do things right, could be due to the stressful moments of cashing people out. I once got back the wrong change, the cashier mistook the 100 bill for a 50 and gave me very little change. I talked to her as she just finished her shift after me, and told me she'd count the money and ensure there was indeed a miscalculation. Moments later she came back and told me she couldn't find any, and that I gave her 50. I was a bit angry at this, apparently this same cashier must have made the opposite mistakes and gave too much change to others. After that I never visited the store again...

BTW it was not in Sweden, the 100 bill wasn't in SEK, but in another currency of similar values to euro.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 23.Jul.2013, 07:39 PM
Post #4

Caveat emptor...everywhere!!!

How many of you had mistakes in your favor?...think about it!

Cashiers are usually low wage positions...and...you know!
+
Max Reaver
post 23.Jul.2013, 08:58 PM
Post #5

Well, what if the one who lost money from the cashier's mistake earns even lower wages?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 23.Jul.2013, 09:49 PM
Post #6

Not saying it is right!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN