• Sweden's news in English

app_header_v3
The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3   Reply to this topic

If you were building a house today

What would you do differently?

johnjohn
post 4.Jan.2013, 02:24 PM
Post #31

I would make the swimming pool larger as this one I find rather constricting.

Attached Image

Go to the top of the page
+
philarger
post 20.Jun.2016, 08:05 AM
Post #32

Morning All, So we are in a bit of a dilemma and was hoping that somebody out there could possibly help/advise.

We are new to Sweden and currently living at mor mor's house. We have actively been looking for a nice family home within an hours commute of central Stockholm for a number of months but nothing is hugely sticking out as 'the' house for us.
We recently saw a plot of land outside Balsta which ticks every box for us locationwise, price, size, local school, commute etc etc... We have asked various family members opinion on new build Vs buying an existing house nearby and the feeling is that it is such a long drawn out process that inevitably ends up more expensive than budgeted that it simply isnt worth the trouble.

I was wondering if people could share opinions on their experience in this matter like a best case/ worst case scenario. To add to the confusion we recently viewed a house which would be at the top end of the budget and for all intents and purposes it also fits the bill ( Its a move in tomorrow house ), however there were a few niggles like constant road noise and a longer commute through both Sigtuna and Marsta?

Basically, if we go down the new build route for a plot that costs 1.3m, and buy a house that costs 2m, what is the likeleyhood that we could conceivably come in at under a 4.5m ( total cost ) budget in 6 months or under. That is basically the balance I am weighing at the moment. Any advice welcome.
Go to the top of the page
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: