• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Basketball practice games in Stockholm

Play for fun

crone_t
post 15.Jul.2012, 10:05 PM
Post #1

Does anyone know where to find a basketball club in Stockholm? Myself and a couple of friends are interested to play basketball, for fun and possibly in mixed sex groups. Is there somewhere to just play games one day a week for an hour or so? We're not interested in playing official matches for a team, but just to play for fun as exercise, in a game format...

Any help would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page
+
canadianswedish
post 22.Aug.2012, 10:02 AM
Post #2

Hi crone_t,

I know of a place that I have been going to for about over a year now. They have practices every sunday. Boy and girls mixed from 19-20 and then typically just men from 20-21.30

One thing I like about this place is that its a open and friendly environment and there is a wide mix of people. It is runned by ex Harlem Globe Trotter Eddie Brown at Gubbängsvägen 63-69 in ENSKEDE... about 15 mintes by the metro from central. Their is a variety of shotting drills, scrimages, games and even stuff like sometimes 3 on 3 as well.

Typically about 10 people show up every Sunday there are always games to be played and people come with different skill levels and background so it doesn't really mater how low long you have been playing for as all the games have a friendly competetive edge to it.

It starts again this Sunday and bascially the first time is free and after you can buy I think a 10 card pass for 500 KR.

Try it out and see if you like you because got nothing to loose! here is the website to clarify anything I missed
http://www.ssbl.se/open%20gym%20basketball.html

Also... I normally drive there from Kungsholmen so if your interested in going I am sure we could arrange some sort of car pool if your interested in checking out the open gym.

And to answer you question about NBA games... I know nba playoffs are over but a good online sports website is atdhe.net

Cheers
+
wiseman33
post 26.Aug.2012, 06:23 PM
Post #3

I'm also interested in playing a basketball. So, please let me know if you will find any place to play!
+
fiacolucci
post 19.Nov.2012, 10:35 AM
Post #4

Hi,

Is anybody playing indoor somewhere?
I recently moved in Stockholm and I really miss playing basketball...
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se