• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Forskarskattenamnden - Tax relief for expatriates

Basic allowance

pandabeer
post 6.Mar.2013, 10:44 PM
Post #1

Hi everyone,

concerning the special tax regime for foreign researchers I am looking for an answer to a more specific question. Unfortunately I cannot find the relevant information on the internet, so I am writing here hoping for an answer.

Under this special tax regime, a basic allowance for central government taxation is still given. The amount of this allowance does normally depend on income. Does the allowance still depend on 100% of earnings or only on 75% (since we have the 25% exemption)?

Can someone provide me with a calculation example that compares the normal case and the special case of a foreign researcher?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
Yorkshireman
post 7.Mar.2013, 09:22 AM
Post #2

Read this:
http://skatterattsnamnden.se/forskarskatte...a800018147.html

...and note that if your ultimate intention is to try and stay in Sweden, you may be back taxed for the full duration. The relief is only available for 3 years, and you are only to stay up-to 5 years.
+
Abe L
post 7.Mar.2013, 09:57 AM
Post #3

I've never head about anyone actually successfully applying for it. In fact, they probably automatically reject every case as taxes are a holy virtue in Sweden.

Just don't get your hopes up.
+
pandabeer
post 7.Mar.2013, 10:27 AM
Post #4

I have already checked the link and googled a lot. Unfortunately I cannot find an answer to my question whether the normal basic allowance (which you would also get if you were taxed under normal rules) depends then on 100% or 75% of your income.

Any help?
+
PDX
post 7.Mar.2013, 10:37 AM
Post #5

It says it very clearly in the linked document. You first take your total taxable income, reduce it by 25% and then apply taxation as usual.

~~~PDX~~~
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com