• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Five a side football - Stockholm

Keeney
post 26.Sep.2008, 02:50 PM
Post #1

Hej

I recently moved to Stockholm from Ireland. I'm just ticking the boxes in the hierarchy of needs, roof over my head, job, food, etc

But I'm dying to get a knock about at least one/two nights a week!!!

If anyone is short a player or has any suggestions...

:wink:
Go to the top of the page
+
Paulinho
post 26.Sep.2008, 03:58 PM
Post #2

If you are interested in getting a team together for regular kickabout or even entering a team in the Korpen league, I would definitely be interested. I miss regular football sessions.

If we can get 10+ people interested, we could rent an indoor 5 a side pitch. I would not cost much at all split amongst all the players.
+
Poolgooner
post 26.Sep.2008, 04:46 PM
Post #3

i will play but getting a hall could prove difficult
+
Bleepix
post 26.Sep.2008, 06:08 PM
Post #4

I'd be intereted in playing in the Korpen league but we need to enter a team by the 6th October.

http://www.korpen.se/stockholm/t3.asp?p=1417308
+
PageyGB
post 26.Sep.2008, 06:35 PM
Post #5

I'd be interested too. I live in Vasastan (St Eriksplan) and there are 2 outdoor all weather pitches here if anyone wants to get together to play sometime?
pageygb@hotmail.com

It's in the park and free. (if sometimes a little busy)
+
Donut
post 26.Sep.2008, 06:44 PM
Post #6

I'd be interested in playing in a 5-a-side league. Does the website say it's on Saturday and Sundays? I also live in Vasastan so a kick around would suit too.
+
Bleepix
post 26.Sep.2008, 07:06 PM
Post #7

As far as I know the league is played on weekends.
I reckon we'd need a pool of 6-10 players depending on people's work/family commitments & no shows etc

I'm up for a kick-a-boot anytime too.
+
Crusty Fuggleschlong
post 26.Sep.2008, 09:04 PM
Post #8

I'd be up for Korpen league too!
+
bravedave
post 26.Sep.2008, 11:49 PM
Post #9

Im in, I know plenty of people that have moved from the UK and I was thinking of starting a team. There are full size plastic and grass pitches everywhere where anyone can train.

Lets get something sorted for next season, maybe get the team together now though.
+
Jamie_plymouth
post 27.Sep.2008, 04:08 PM
Post #10

Bleepix. You know I am in for the winter league idea.

I was around Anil's today at St:Eriksplan and we both said, would have loved to have a kick around today, bit late no though.

Perhaps we could get Kang to put up an event on facebook to everyone in the locallers about having a kickout one saturday or sunday. Im sure 10 or more people would turn up for a laugh.
+
bravedave
post 28.Sep.2008, 05:05 PM
Post #11

Great day today,perfect for football, maybe next Sunday at Gärdet as its central if anyone fancies a quick around?
+
collan
post 28.Sep.2008, 05:13 PM
Post #12

i'll come down and cheer you all on...

btw if people ate interested in playing but can't be bothered to start anything långholmen fc has lots of teams and are predominantly english-speaking. might be worth checking out

and maybe ask the local to sponsor you if you do start a team...
+
Bleepix
post 28.Sep.2008, 05:14 PM
Post #13

sounds like a plan !

I've made a facebook group so we can organise some games without clogging up the local - still looking for help in the dugout

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id...5370&ref=ts
+
Keeney
post 28.Sep.2008, 06:07 PM
Post #14

Obviously times, dates etc. are going to be a problem but the more we have the better chance we have of getting a team off the ground.

Good thinking Bleepix

:wink:
+
Bleepix
post 29.Sep.2008, 03:28 PM
Post #15

looks like we might be getting together next Sunday if anyone fancies a kick around

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id...5370&ref=ts
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com