• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Warning rant Alert

Regrets, regrets, regrets!

CathySky
post 20.Jan.2013, 05:50 PM
Post #1

long story short, I got two jobs offers and went for the one that offered me more money instead of going with my gutt feeling and going for the one i turned down. Needless to say, one week into the job, it is suffice to say that i truly hate it!
Called back the job I turned down to ask if the offer still stands and was promised a call back with the decision but that was on friday and they never did call back!

Should i go to work tomorrow or not? or should i just call them up and be like sorry but this isn't for me? or wait till i get another job before legging it?? decisions, decisions, decisions!! sad.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
PDX
post 20.Jan.2013, 06:44 PM
Post #2

No need to call your current employer or show up for work if you do not like it. You should just start drinking hard while you wait for the call from the other place - it's your right after all rolleyes.gif .

When you do get the call, insist they match the pay to what your are being paid now, you would not accept a lower income, would you?

~~~PDX~~~
+
johnjohn
post 20.Jan.2013, 07:56 PM
Post #3

I must respectfully disagree with ~PDX~ particularly in regards to the stay at home drinking. Surly the heavy drinking should take place upon arrival at the workplace tomorrow morning. A good brandy at fika will not only improve your outlook but it will serve to enliven the spirits throughout the office. Frequent trips to the coffee stand for "refills" matched with dashes to the toilet are the order of the day.
+
Svensksmith
post 20.Jan.2013, 08:11 PM
Post #4

Stay at your new job until you find another. You may grow to like it better...or not. But at least you will be earning a paycheck.
+
Beef
post 20.Jan.2013, 09:00 PM
Post #5

Pretty much in exactly the same situation as you. It's now gone 2 weeks for me and I'll stick it out. Give it a few more weeks. You'll earn and can relax in the fact that it doesn't matter too much to you. All the best!
+
NyDag
post 20.Jan.2013, 09:01 PM
Post #6

There are plenty of people without jobs, not being helped by immigration. So if I were you I'd suck it up and be thankful that I have employment. I don't like my job, but I don't give a sh*t either, a job is for income not for pleasure.
+
CathySky
post 20.Jan.2013, 09:08 PM
Post #7

Thanks all. I agree with what a couple of you have said. I will stick it out and wait until i get something else, in my field (finance) there is always work, plus i don't think i could go without having a paycheck! i already have applied for a few jobs this evening..fingers crossed!

PS: i don't see a job as only a source of income. i have to enjoy doing what i do to be kept motivated and happy. plus when one enjoys what one does, one tends to progress and succeed further in their careers.
+
skogsbo
post 20.Jan.2013, 10:06 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (NyDag @ 20.Jan.2013, 09:01 PM) *
There are plenty of people without jobs, not being helped by immigration. So if I were you I'd suck it up and be thankful that I have employment. I don't like my job, ... (show full quote)

Why spend 50% of your life miserable, if you don't need to?
+
chazza
post 20.Jan.2013, 10:40 PM
Post #9

+1
+
icedearth
post 20.Jan.2013, 10:40 PM
Post #10

Cathe,

You said that that you do not believe your job is the only source of income, but you have to enjoy it and love it to progress further. However, you said that you selected your current job over the other because it pays more.
+
CathySky
post 20.Jan.2013, 11:01 PM
Post #11

i said i do not see a job as only a source of income, that doesn't mean that i wouldn't go for a higher paying job if the opportunity presented itself like this one did. but i will never stay in a job i didn't like just because it paid more. i rather have a higher paying job that i enjoyed than one which i don't!
+
byke
post 21.Jan.2013, 01:33 AM
Post #12

Good luck.
+
skogsbo
post 21.Jan.2013, 07:51 AM
Post #13

Sounds to me like the OP followed the money and not their heart, a perfect example of how money isn't, or doesn't bring happiness at work.

But, look on the bright side, it's a lesson in life learnt and it didn't hurt!
+
Pursuivant
post 21.Jan.2013, 10:41 AM
Post #14

Next time, follow your gut wink.gif
+
hackie
post 21.Jan.2013, 11:43 AM
Post #15

Can you give the reasons why you don't like the job? What were your expectations and what did you get? Didn't you get to know about the nature of the job in the job i interview? Should we assume that the job is an arranged employment where nobody interviewed you? All I am saying is that you should throw more light on your experience so that others will not fall into the same ditch as yours.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com