• Sweden edition
The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Personnummer for my girlfriend

Will she be eligible for PN as "sambo"

post 6.Dec.2012, 07:18 PM
Post #1
Joined: 4.Nov.2012

Hi all!

First off, thank you for all the great advices, I have received my personnummer today, in less than two weeks after applying. I also have found a full time job!

But the story is far from being over. My girlfriend is also here with me, we are together for eight years. Now that I do have my personnummer, what is the way for her to receive a her personnummer?

Can she go to Skatteverket and apply for PN as my sambo? I can "cover" her expenses as I have the required money (SEK 150K) and a full time job - just in case if Skatteverket requires anything like this. She also has a valid EHIC card, but I am not sure if this is enough or they require an S1 form instead.

The main idea would be for her to apply as my sambo - if she can apply this way. Will this work?

Please let me know what is your opinion, and if there are any advices, please share them!

Thank you very much!
Go to the top of the page
post 6.Dec.2012, 07:53 PM
Post #2
Joined: 10.Dec.2010

I believe the answer is yes providing she meets the criteria outlined on MV' website as family member.
Go to the top of the page
post 6.Dec.2012, 07:59 PM
Post #3
Joined: 10.Dec.2010

You must have lived with her not just plan on living together here. Otherwise she must apply on her own
Go to the top of the page
post 6.Dec.2012, 10:11 PM
Post #4
Joined: 4.Nov.2012

We have been living together since 2005 - but we came to Sweden just a month ago.

So we are not only planning to move together, but we are living together. Of course we also live together here in Sweden. But how should we prove it, what do they require as a proof?

Thank you for your comments and ideas!
Go to the top of the page
post 6.Dec.2012, 10:58 PM
Post #5
Joined: 19.Sep.2012


I know only one example in this case when the 'sambo' partner was a Swede so I don't know if there is any diffence when both of you are foreigners and haven't been registered and lived in Sweden for years.
So they had to prove that they lived together at least for half a year and they moved to Sweden together. To prove it they provided certification of previous address which can show that they really lived on the same address before. And they wrote a simple text about that they definitely moved to Sweden together smile.gif

Good luck!
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:


Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply