• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

SFI Bonus kurs B and C

How long does it take to receive SFI Bonus?

PixaBixa
post 29.Dec.2012, 07:45 PM
Post #1

Hallå!

I just recently finished kurs B and C in SFI and requested the bonus as of the first week on December. As of yet I have heard nothing from the municipality that I belong to. What can I do? Does it typically take a month or longer for the first part of the SFI bonus to go through? Is there a number I can call? Or perhaps is it the holidays that is taking way too long? Any help or information is greatly appreciated.

tack så hemskt mycket.

Bianca
Go to the top of the page
+
Megalagom
post 29.Dec.2012, 08:58 PM
Post #2

It does normally take a bit longer than a month, and the holidays will certainly make it longer. I assume it also varies from county to county, but I wouldn't start calling around until the end of January, as many people are on vacation for a while in December. Good Luck and congrats on completing the courses. Waiting about a month is pretty typical, as far as I've seen from a few friends who have completed SFI. I filed my paperwork on December 15th and they told us end of January.

Meg ~Something Swedish~
+
Case officer
post 29.Dec.2012, 09:52 PM
Post #3

Shouldn't somebody who finished stage C ask this in Swedish? tongue.gif
+
PixaBixa
post 29.Dec.2012, 11:14 PM
Post #4

@ Case Officer

...Jag kan svara på svenska. I moved to this country in May and as of the first of December I started kurs D. I´m not sure if you know what this means but this is the last and final course of Swedish I have to accomplish. Not to mention that I am an American that started SFI in August and am now in my forth week of SFI kurs D. Lets just assume you are as ignorant in Mathematics as you are in English, this means means it took me four months to learn the Swedish you learned in your first five years of living. This entire website (The Local) is in English. How about you read it before you respond to it questioning my intellect. Secondly, had it been on Aftonbladet or some other SWEDISH website then my questions would have absolutely been in Swedish. So hence me telling you...dra åt helvete! ...or answer my *ucking questions.

Bianca
+
Puffin
post 30.Dec.2012, 12:27 AM
Post #5

You *get* that it was a joke with a smiley?
+
nickoledlaird
post 30.Dec.2012, 12:50 PM
Post #6

I remember reading that bonus payments are only paid out quarterly. I believe December 31 is the next payment date but perhaps it's slightly delayed because of the holiday.
+
Hisingen
post 30.Dec.2012, 01:00 PM
Post #7

I assume that the SFI courses are for free - you only offer your time, and then you get a bonus ! ! !
Shows how good it is these days.
When I came here in '60 we had to pay for a course in 'Swedish for Foreigners' and no bonus for completing the course either. That was just as well, since the lady teacher became enamoured with a young Canadian in the group, and we others simply were out on the periphery thereafter.
Anyway, - water under the bridge now. Congrats on completing your course, and yes - this is an English speaking forum, and one is not supposed to use Swedish, hence the Smiley in the foregoing comment. You have to accept a bit of Mickey-taking here - to say the least.
+
Puffin
post 30.Dec.2012, 01:16 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 30.Dec.2012, 01:00 PM) *
I assume that the SFI courses are for free - you only offer your time, and then you get a bonus ! ! ! . Shows how good it is these days.

Yes the bonuses are certainly a huge benefit for new arrivals (although most EU immigrants are not eligible as the scheme was focussed on refugee/non-EU family ties permitholders who were often slow learners) - you get it for whatever courses you pass in a year

Although I guess that it is cost effective rather than people unmotivated and languishing on the primary school levels for ages - a few years ago I was involved in researching SFI and at one of the schools I did interviews at there was a student who had been on SFI for over 10 years
+
Megalagom
post 30.Dec.2012, 01:18 PM
Post #9

They added the bonus as an incentive because people have spend YEARS in SFI, not caring enough to ever progress, learn, or try. Just wasting time and taking up the program resources for a long time, instead of testing out and making room for new students. That's why they added the bonus so that people will actually want and try to test out within the year.

Meg ~Something Swedish ~
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com