• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

New Year celebration for non-Swedes?

Where? and When?

Bluesky1812
post 14.Dec.2012, 03:47 PM
Post #1

The ideal solution is to go back to your country but it's not always feasible.
I'm not native English speaker but my English is way better than my Swedish. So does anyone know club/restaurant that organizes New Year celebration in English?
(I've been in situations every people's laughing and enjoying the act on stage and I was sitting there like a fool).
Go to the top of the page
+
byke
post 14.Dec.2012, 05:52 PM
Post #2

Just invites some friends round to your gaff and stick on some Jools Holland Hootenanny in the background.
+
JulieLou40
post 14.Dec.2012, 08:55 PM
Post #3

I remember that show...I used to love it, until I realised it wasn't live as they always claimed. They had KT Tunstall singing in the studio, at the same time as she was playing live in Princes Street Gardens, Edinburgh at the Hogmanay celebrations. I don't think they counted on the fact that everybody in Scotland would notice that one...

I stopped watching after that.
+
byke
post 14.Dec.2012, 09:16 PM
Post #4

http://youtu.be/yZ8qLECvl4g
+
Kegzmc
post 15.Dec.2012, 08:23 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (byke @ 14.Dec.2012, 05:52 PM) *
Just invites some friends round to your gaff and stick on some Jools Holland Hootenanny in the background.

Or come round to my gaff and we'll drink cans of stout and watch glenroe.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com