• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Applying for master study in Sweden, Autumn 2013

Autumn 2013 admission university Sweden

themis26
post 21.Mar.2013, 02:48 PM
Post #16

Hi everyone,

I have applied for the Master's Programme in Biochemistry and Toxicology at Stockholm University and my status says UNQUALIFIED. At first I was not concerned because i was informed from University Admissions that this was due to the fact that my TOEFL results arrived late and my application will still be processed. A few days later the status changed back to: IN PROGRESS but today it again says UNQUALIFIED. Should I be worried? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
leyland
post 22.Mar.2013, 11:52 AM
Post #17

@themis26: hey, yeah it happened to me for my 3rd choice...exactly the same drill. it still says unqualified on my page, i've sent the department an e-mail but they didn't get back to me so i can't really give you an answer but just wanted to say i share your frustration!
+
mago2
post 22.Mar.2013, 10:47 PM
Post #18

about that.. I'm Polish studying full time at UK university so I'm exempted from providing English certificate. And my friend from the same course who's native British got status 'unqualified' because of the lack of certificate for ENglish proficiency (I have 'conditionally qualified). This is all crazy!
+
nickachu
post 28.Mar.2013, 01:38 AM
Post #19

Ok the system seems strange. I got rejected on my 1st choice before and qualified for my 2nd choice, then they locked them and I ended up getting accepted onto my first choice.

Strange! But I'm not complaining!
+
Macku
post 28.Mar.2013, 10:24 PM
Post #20

Hi Everyone!

I basically have similiar question as the thread starter - how hard is to get to swedish unviersities?

I am a polish student, currently studying Biomedical Engineering with speciality in Biomechanics in Poland. I would like to apply for masters to similiar course on swedish universities, and here are my choices :

Biomedical Engineering - Linkoping & Chalmers universities
Medical Engineering - KTH
Biomedicine and Methods in Medical Diagnostics - Malmo

I've read that in sweden, when you apply, grades are not the main factor, so my question is - what specific requirements are given when you apply? Is english fluency test results so important? Or maybe university you applied? Your graduation grade? IS it really hard to get into unis in sweden for foreign students?
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com