• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Migration Board Troubles

Difficulty obtaining a residence permit

missLyss
post 8.Sep.2013, 08:21 PM
Post #1

my boyfriend and i have been having so much troubles with the migration board. he is a swedish citizen and i am an US citizen. we met at a university in the states and have been dating for 5 years, the last 2 years of our relationship long distance as i finished my studies and he went back to sweden to find work.
one year ago we applied for a residence permit but was denied for applying too early and was advised to wait until 5 months before i planned to move to sweden. we did wait but now it seems all we do is wait. we have now been waiting almost 8 months, the estimated wait time is 7 months. we call and email the migration board multiple times a week asking how much longer but we always get the same answer, they don't know. they have told us we are still in line to receive a case worker. we have gone through the interview process, my finger prints and picture was taken, two months ago. we are planning to get married next summer but have been advised not to marry any early so we aren't accused of falsifying a marriage. these past few weeks have been especially difficult. we were so sure by this point we would be together again and we have no idea when our life is going to start. i have been trying to teach myself swedish, there are no swedish classes in my area, and have been making progress but i wish there was more we could do to speed up the process. any advise or similar situations?
Go to the top of the page
+
Celtic_baa
post 8.Sep.2013, 09:46 PM
Post #2

There's a ton of asylum processing going on at the moment.

Most of the refugees coming into Sweden are getting Residence Permits, which means the rest of us are put on the backburner.

I've been waiting 16months for an extension on my Residence Permit, waiting time on their webpage states 8months, but I was given a very short answer basically stating that they were swamped with emergency applications, wait-times on the website are a load of bull and they've not even looked at mine except to send me a letter saying they got it in the mail.

Short of coming over here and marching into the Migration Offices, I don't think you're going to get much more than that =(
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se