• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Returnees outnumber Syrian immigrants

The Local
post 20.Feb.2013, 11:05 AM
Post #1

Sweden welcomed record numbers of immigrants in 2012, with Syrian newcomers tripling compared to 2011, according to a new report from Statistics Sweden that also showed that returnee Swedes dominated the league table.

Last year, 103,059 people moved to Sweden, taking the country's population to 9,555,893 by the year's end, wrote Statistics Sweden (SCB) on Wednesday.

The total population increase, however, was 73,038 as almost 52,000 people at the same time decided to leave Sweden.

Of these emigrants, 69 percent were people who had at some point immigrated to Sweden. These emigrating immigrants had been in Sweden for an average of 6.6 years.

Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
jostein
post 20.Feb.2013, 02:43 PM
Post #2

Smoke and mirrors. To learn the truth i need but step into the street and look at the people around me.
+
wabasha
post 20.Feb.2013, 03:12 PM
Post #3

step a little further and a syrian bus driver might see it differently
+
jostein
post 20.Feb.2013, 03:34 PM
Post #4

Yes wabasha. I know.
+
occassional
post 20.Feb.2013, 06:32 PM
Post #5

Visit any McDonalds or Max and you will see Sweden of the future in miniature.
+
johan rebel
post 20.Feb.2013, 10:00 PM
Post #6

Syrian bus drivers do see it differently.
For a while last year I regularly had to take a bus, because the railroad was being upgraded. I hade a pretty tight connection at the other end, so I was always relieved when the bus driver turned out to be from the Balkans or farther afield. I then knew that I we would arrive on time or even early, regardless of traffic and traffic laws and regulations. Every time. Without fail.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists
Click here for the full job description