• Sweden's news in English

app_header_v3
The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Work permit application with family

will it take longer ?

Winnie85
post 22.Dec.2015, 03:22 PM
Post #1

hi everyone, I am now filling in the information in the migration office website to apply for the work permit.

I have one question regarding the co-applicant.

If I do the application together with my husband and kid, will it take longer time than I just apply for myself? The company would like to get me onboard ASAP.

If I do the application separately, I mean apply for myself first, then initiate another application process, like a month later, is it feasible?

My husband needs to wrap up the business in our own country and it takes sometime.

Thank you!
Go to the top of the page
+
mjennin2
post 22.Dec.2015, 06:03 PM
Post #2

HI Winnie -

Whilst I have no personal experience, there was recently a conversation about this where the general consensus was to definitely apply with your family included on the application, because 1) it seemed to not make a difference in the overall wait time, and 2) It is much quicker to get your family in that way than to have them apply separately.

I think your main concern should be how impacted and affected the visa application queues are. All types of permits are affected right now due to the immigration crisis, as I am sure you are aware of. If you cruise through the other permit threads, you'll see some people have been waiting several months to get their work permits (and then of course others who receive them within weeks... so take all these stats with a grain of salt!). I'm sure your employer is also aware of this, so I guess it just depends on how they define "ASAP". But that should give your husband enough time to wind down business (although the variable being you won't actually know how long you'll have to wait until your decision comes. Oh, the joys of Swedish immigration!)

So long as your paperwork and all of your proofs / requested documents are in order, in the proper language and clearly copied, it appears as though you should be fine with applying with your family included on your application.
+
Case officer
post 22.Dec.2015, 06:27 PM
Post #3

If the whole family apply together the processing will take five more minutes.
+
mjennin2
post 23.Dec.2015, 07:21 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Case officer @ 22.Dec.2015, 05:27 PM) *

5 minutes more? UNACCEPTABLE! I'm writing to the minister!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hey Case Officer - I want to see what kind of question I could ask you that would require you to write back in more than 1 sentence. Is this a futile quest of mine??? (I wish I had your gift of brevity. I think others here wish that of me as well wink.gif )
+
Winnie85
post 23.Dec.2015, 08:09 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (mjennin2 @ 22.Dec.2015, 07:03 PM) *
HI Winnie - Whilst I have no personal experience, there was recently a conversation about this where the general consensus was to definitely apply with your family included on ... (show full quote)

Thank you mjennin2!
+
Winnie85
post 23.Dec.2015, 08:10 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Case officer @ 22.Dec.2015, 07:27 PM) *

Thank you Case Officer smile.gif
+
Case officer
post 23.Dec.2015, 08:19 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (mjennin2 @ 23.Dec.2015, 07:21 AM) *
Hey Case Officer - I want to see what kind of question I could ask you that would require you to write back in more than 1 sentence. Is this a futile quest of mine??? (I wish ... (show full quote)

I can give you three paragraphs of no decision has been made yet and nobody has even looked at your application in the last 9 months.
+
mjennin2
post 25.Dec.2015, 12:34 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Case officer @ 23.Dec.2015, 07:19 PM) *
I can give you three paragraphs of no decision has been made yet and nobody has even looked at your application in the last 9 months.

Nahhhhh, we've all already seen those paragraphs before. I need something with soul...something to remind us that case officers are more than just beslut-bots! laugh.gif

Ahhh, I'm just playing wink.gif God jul Case Officer <3
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: