• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Wanting to apply for University

Advise with Swedish Education system

gareth246
post 5.Aug.2014, 02:06 PM
Post #1

Hello,

I am a new member to this forum but have been reading various topics and posts over the last couple of months. I was wondering if someone could give me some advise?

I recently moved to Sweden (Jönköping) from England with my Swedish partner.I have decided I really want to further my education however I didn't receive the grades I had hoped for at school level (Pre-16) so looked to improve them at college in England (Post-16). Due to personal circumstances I had to drop out during my second year meaning I lost all the work I had accomplished whilst retaking my GCSE studies at college. And my main subject at college a BTEC in computing however as I had finished enough course work in my computing course I was awarded with a lower qualification which amounts to only two A levels instead of three at grade PASS PASS.

I've bee reading about Komvux which I'm lead to believe is adult education that can help you to apply for University? Does anyone know how long this sort of education can take? and are there usually courses in English or just Swedish (I'm currently still learning Swedish and am still very much a beginner)?

Also I was considering the Open University as it doesn't have any formal Entry Requirements meaning I can apply right away, but will I have to pay for this? Or could the Swedish government help me in anyway? and if so, how?

I really would like to be able to go to a real Uni, I can't speak much Swedish yet, only know my partner here so would love the chance to make some new friends!

Many Thanks for taking the time to read this newbies post!

Gareth Jenkins
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se