• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

What are the best areas to live?

Around Gothenburg for a family with young children

keepmecrazy
post 5.Dec.2013, 07:05 AM
Post #1

I'm from the U.S. and my family and I will be moving to Gothenburg in June. I just wanted to know what some of the best areas are to live with school aged children.

Also, can someone please provide me with a website for rentals? I've already tried blocket and the one here on The Local (I can't even pronounce it, never mind typing it). Are there any others? Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+
intrepidfox
post 5.Dec.2013, 01:46 PM
Post #2

The only places which are good in Gothenburg are places which are expensive but then there is no guarantee. I would avoid Backa, Biskopsgarden, Vastra Frolunda, Bergsjon, Angered, Lovgardet, Gardsten, Tynnered and maybe Kortedala because of the increase in gang violence,

This link is the home page for applying for flats in Gbg
https://www.boplats.se/HSS/User/register.aspx
+
keepmecrazy
post 5.Dec.2013, 06:06 PM
Post #3

Thanks, I really appreciate that.

I am willing to spend about 10,000 sek a month. I know that isn't much and it doesn't leave me with many options but I just wanted to know the areas where we can feel safe. I know there are no guarantees but statistically the areas with the lowest crime rates is what I'm looking for.
+
intrepidfox
post 5.Dec.2013, 06:14 PM
Post #4

With 10,000, then you have a good choice. Lundby and Eriksberg are good areas. I am not so sure of the otherside of the river but these are good areas for a family. I have a question? are you coming over with your work? if so they can help you. If not the rental market in Gothenburg is very difficult. Sometime there are between 50 to 1500 people interested in an appartment
+
keepmecrazy
post 5.Dec.2013, 06:23 PM
Post #5

Yes my husband was hired to work there for a private company but I know they said that finding a place would be our responsibility and we agreed to that but I didn't know that it would be this hard to find a place as you are saying. People have told me that there are waiting lists but now I'm wondering how long before I have to put my name on the list if so many people are after just one apartment? Would renting a house be any easier?
+
intrepidfox
post 5.Dec.2013, 06:54 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (keepmecrazy @ 5.Dec.2013, 06:23 PM) *
Yes my husband was hired to work there for a private company but I know they said that finding a place would be our responsibility and we agreed to that but I didn't know ... (show full quote)

I would register at the link i posted but dont have high hopes. Renting a house on a short time basis will be easier.

Here is another link
http://bostadsportal.se/hyresbostad/vastra...p;maxRent=10000
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com