• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Merry Christmas .. .

And a Happy new year.

byke
post 25.Dec.2012, 11:42 AM
Post #1

Well today is Christmas,
So Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Remember, her majesty will be giving the Christmas speech at 15.00 UK time (16.00 Swedish time) and it should be accessible via BBC 1 and some other services (not sure about SVT).

I do hope no one attempts to commit a crime on this day.
Such as eating a mince pie on christmas day (illegal to consume in the UK on this day)

Either way, remember to stand during her address.
Go to the top of the page
+
Rick Methven
post 25.Dec.2012, 12:53 PM
Post #2

A merry Christmas and a happy new year to all.

I am so organised this year. The Turkey is in the oven, sprout chiffade is done, as is the stuffing balls, just have to put the spuds and honey glazed carrots and parsnips in and we will be sitting down to eat by two thirty, as long as the family and friends turn up on time. Finish with Christmas pud and then sit down with Brandy, mince pies and coffee the watch the Queen
+
yymmdd
post 25.Dec.2012, 12:57 PM
Post #3

A merry Christmas and a happy new year to all.
+
Vstrommer71
post 25.Dec.2012, 01:43 PM
Post #4

God Jul to everybody,
My first Xmas here,easy,relaxed,not working today.Bit lonely though without my family and girlfriend,but nevermind.
Best wishes for everybody!
(I hope her Majesty won't complain about me for not attending her speech,I am too busy for rolleyes.gif )
+
Roger O. Thornhill
post 25.Dec.2012, 02:02 PM
Post #5

Merry Christmas Dammit!!!! unsure.gif
+
Svensksmith
post 25.Dec.2012, 03:00 PM
Post #6

Merry Christmas to all. Won't be listening to the Queen (unless it's the one with Freddy Mercury), but will be celebrating with my family at my mother's house.
+
CathySky
post 25.Dec.2012, 03:45 PM
Post #7

I wish I had some mince pies!

Oh well, I have just stuffed my face silly...

Merry Christmas TL!!
+
AW1
post 25.Dec.2012, 06:32 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (byke @ 25.Dec.2012, 10:42 AM) *
Such as eating a mince pie on christmas day (illegal to consume in the UK on this day)

Seriously?
+
byke
post 25.Dec.2012, 06:40 PM
Post #9

Yes the laws came in during the time of Oliver Cromwell, and refrdto the banning of gluttony which specifically covered mince pies, Christmas pud etc ... And have still yet to have been revoked.

England has a such a long history regarding laws and a legal system, that many laws are forgotten about but still have yet to be removed in changing times.

If one puts a stamp upside down on an envelope, technically they can still be charged with treason. Not that any of these a enforced, but if taken to a court of law - they could be enforced but questions relating to how they serve the public would be questioned.
+
AW1
post 25.Dec.2012, 09:29 PM
Post #10

Can't remember what they are called, but I take they are in the same category as;

In Chester, its legal to shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside city walls after midnight.
+
Hede
post 25.Dec.2012, 09:38 PM
Post #11

Merry Christmas everyone hope you all well and have a great time .
+
jvtx3232
post 4.Jan.2013, 07:24 PM
Post #12

I hope no one forgot the pepparkaksgubbar this year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=demXwADDt6M

A belated "God Jul och Gott Nytt År" till alla! cool.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN