• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

British passport help (child) renewal

I hate the UK passport process.

byke
post 1.Dec.2012, 11:33 AM
Post #16

Right, I finally think I have all the stuff needed for the forms etc.
However, when I go to check the address to send it to in Dussledorf, I now seem to find an address for Liverpool?

Have they changed the processing office yet again?
Has it now been moved back to the UK?
Go to the top of the page
+
byke
post 1.Dec.2012, 01:42 PM
Post #17

OK, Just spoke to the British passport office.
And it would seem that any Brits living in Sweden now have to use a new address for passports / renewing from Sweden.

As of last Wednesday, its changed from Dusseldorf to the new address of Liverpool.
So the C2 form is no longer valid and even though they have moved back to the UK.

Prices for expats seems to have remained at the same inflated cost as before, if not more.

/THREAD CLOSED.
+
Hisingen
post 2.Dec.2012, 06:49 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (byke @ 1.Dec.2012, 01:42 PM) *
... . . .. . . . . .. Prices for expats seems to have remained at the same inflated cost as before, if not more.

I don't think it has gone up any more, and they do say that the price will be subject to appraisal once they get settled. At the moment they are still 'faced with the cost' of the likes of Dusseldorf. My passport is due fro renewal, and I will have to send to Liverpool, from where everything will be returned in two stages. At a guess it will be the last one I shall need.
It was much easier in the past, and cheaper, when the embassy in Stockholm issued passports. My last one cost £50 as I recall. Now it is in excess of £150, but I cannot remember what my first one, in 1960, cost, when it was obtained in London. Whatever it was, it was much cheaper than today, and was the somewhat more ostentatious blue variety.
Having looked at your problem Byke, the situation is definitely not a clear one. You signature is all that should be in the box, that much is certain, since that will no doubt be replicated on the passport, but where the 'father' notation is to go is very ambiguous to say the lest, despite what the many snide comments on here have said.
One thing I have noticed is regarding the photo specifications. Now we have to look straight into the camera, whereas previously it was necessary to show an ear. They can't seem to make their minds up as to what is necessary and what isn't.
+
Pursuivant
post 3.Dec.2012, 01:13 PM
Post #19

The showing the ear/profile picture in old passports was the traditional "mugshot" pose. It is for the benefit of humans say for discerning the shape of the nose and other facial features that don't come out off a "deer in high beams" shot.

The biometric recognition is done by machine. Hence the "no glasses, no headdress" rule. It refers to different points for the recognition. Makes it quite evident once you go through one of those automagic ports on heathrow.
+
byke
post 3.Dec.2012, 01:56 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 2.Dec.2012, 06:49 PM) *
Having looked at your problem Byke, the situation is definitely not a clear one. You signature is all that should be in the box, that much is certain, since that will no doubt ... (show full quote)

Cheers,
but the previous C2 form became invalid from today and the new form doesn't contain this question.
The new form, still has a few questionable inclusions which is quite funny.

Generally, all in all the new form is easier.
But it still seems very long winded in general.

Attached Image

+
Pursuivant
post 3.Dec.2012, 02:05 PM
Post #21

Byke, I suggest reading Kafka for a bedtime story wink.gif
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se