• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Need reception reports in Sweden on Astra 2F

Reception of 2F

Likvid
post 24.Nov.2012, 01:37 PM
Post #1

Hi all,

I am Likvid and the one who is putting toghether the Astra 2F reception map for Europe.

I am lacking reports from Sweden and want more reports from all over Sweden and a screenshoot if possible.

The tuning parameters are 11024H 23000 8PSK DVB-S2

Please report and get back.
Go to the top of the page
+
Likvid
post 24.Nov.2012, 01:40 PM
Post #2

Forgot to add to parameters it's FEC= 2/3
+
Hisingen
post 26.Nov.2012, 02:27 PM
Post #3

A further experimental map for the main spot beam including potential dish sizes. On the face of it it is not looking good without a ginormous dish. But then, will it be any worse than it was before our 'release' into UK TV thanks to 1N ? ? As you can see, much is made of the fact that this is still experimental, but 2F should be coming into effect in the next week or so. Only having a Sky digital box, I could get nothing from the given data from the OP, since I could not change to the 23000. My box returned a No channel available message. So clearly the experimental transmissions are not intended for normal receivers.

Attached Image
+
skogsbo
post 26.Nov.2012, 04:02 PM
Post #4

it's all obviously orbits and angles, but Cornwall has potentially the same signal strength as Iceland. We don't have a dish, yet, I was waiting to see where the dust settles on this first.
+
Likvid
post 26.Nov.2012, 04:18 PM
Post #5

I am the guy from astra2f.org site which is responsible for the reception map.

Any reports will be welcome so please visit the site and state your location and dish size.
+
Rick Methven
post 26.Nov.2012, 04:44 PM
Post #6

My setup is:

Dish: ASC Signal "Channel Master" 120 cm
LNB: Invacom QDF-031 with Channel Master feed horn
Box: Humax Foxsat-HD

Currently receive all 1N channels with 85-90% strength but only H polarity, I get no vertical polarity channels

I have been trying to check out the reception on the 11023 H frequency but in either Freesat or non fresat mode the box does not recognise 11023 to tune even when I do a manual tune. What am I doing wrong?

according to the Astra web site although full migration is supposed to be completed by today, only 11023 has gone over so far
+
intrepidfox
post 26.Nov.2012, 04:57 PM
Post #7

Unfortunately i have a satellite dish etc from netonnet so i have absolutely no idea how to reprogramme the box in the future. At the moment i have a 90cm dish and have no problems at all unlike during the summer when a tree blocked the signal.
+
Rick Methven
post 26.Nov.2012, 05:44 PM
Post #8

Just read the manual and found out how to add a frequency if not present in the box list.

I added 11023H etc and saved it but when I tried to search it came back with a not found. It is dark now and the weather is having a break-up effect on most channels which may be the problem. I will try again in the morning and report
+
intrepidfox
post 26.Nov.2012, 05:54 PM
Post #9

Does anybody know when 1N will cease to transmit? I just did a search on 28.2E and my BBC news is back and a few other channels. Is this because of the new satellite or just luck
+
fogelfeifer
post 26.Nov.2012, 07:42 PM
Post #10

Seems to be a dual-thread going on here...elsewhere on the forum there's another similar discusssion with reception info etc etc and also a lot of technical feedback available on www.astra2.org for Sweden and most of Europe potentially affected.
+
Rick Methven
post 27.Nov.2012, 04:08 PM
Post #11

According to Astra - untill today, all channels should have moved to 2F by last Sunday now they say this

Channels & Frequencies for Astra 2F at 28.2° East
Currently only Transponder 61 has moved to Astra 2F
Last updated: November 27, 2012
Listed below, are the channels and frequencies for the Astra 2F satellite.
For Astra 2A, Astra 2B and Eutelsat 28A frequencies, please see: Flysat - Lyngsat - King of Sat
All frequencies from Astra 1N are to be transfered to Astra 2F. No date confirmed at present.

Seems like " Huston we have a problem

What we need is one of Trow's laser beams to put it out of action completely
+
Gordy
post 27.Nov.2012, 05:05 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 27.Nov.2012, 04:08 PM) *
untill today,

Hopefully you won't lose reception, you need to watch more English TV Rick, your starting to write in Swinglish! biggrin.gif

Would love to hear more reception reports from down here on the south coast, there is one from Copenhagen which is about 35km as the crow flies from me reporting reception on a 1.5m dish. According to the map above I am just on the line for a 1.2m dish but I'd guess that would be too much to hope for!
+
Likvid
post 27.Nov.2012, 05:38 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 26.Nov.2012, 04:44 PM) *
My setup is:Dish: ASC Signal "Channel Master" 120 cmLNB: Invacom QDF-031 with Channel Master feed hornBox: Humax Foxsat-HDLocation: Ljungsbro - 58.30.09 N 15.30.44EC ... (show full quote)

You probably doesn't have enough large dish as i know Gibertini 150cm is doable in Norrköping.

Try again add to manually add the parameters and get back if you can get anything.
+
Rick Methven
post 27.Nov.2012, 08:26 PM
Post #14

I tried earlier today and still got no signal. But the reception on SD has been poor today because of weather.
I will try again when 1N reception is better
+
Hisingen
post 28.Nov.2012, 02:00 PM
Post #15

Here on the west coast north of Gbg. on my 1m offset dish (after 10 years use I forget the LNB) and Sky box I still have ALL the BBC, ITV, and any channel that is on my subscription without exception at signal strength and quality of 90% and without problems (so far).
All is as it has been - or still is? - from Astra 1N. On the Sky box I am able to change the frequencies, FEC, and polarity, but not the symbol rate. That is tied to those rates used by Sky, and cannot be varied beyond them, and I don't have HD. For that I have been waiting to see what happens with Astra 2F, as it would be pointless in aiming high if reception proves to be either non-existent on my channels, or too poor to be worthwhile.
I just did a run-thru' on the channels this morning, to verify the accuracy of my statement, and all is as stated.
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com