• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Swedish classes in the Sigtuna/Märsta area

Recommended schools for learning the language

PBR_Streetgang
post 6.May.2009, 10:47 AM
Post #1

anyone know of any good swedish classes in the above area? Not interested in SFI
Go to the top of the page
+
Inletwatcher
post 6.May.2009, 12:02 PM
Post #2

I have picked up more swedish than I realized just by hanging out with Swedes. The younger the better, I perfer like under 10 as they have patience for me to ask again what a slide is or what a leaf of grass is called. The older Swedes seem to be all too happy to speak to me in English so it does not help the language, but build friendship. I agree with you on SFI its not for all. I heard a ways back that they are going under a change in how the classes are divided among who has had more college or none. I was in class with folks that had not been taught how to write the alphabet yet. I bet they REALLY hated it.

Peace and best of luck to this fun language!
Inlet
+
PBR_Streetgang
post 6.May.2009, 12:12 PM
Post #3

Hi Inlet

I have a 4 year old daughter who's picked up the language really quickly, so I enjoy practicing with her!

I'm in the lucky position of the company I work for being willing to pay for classes smile.gif . Have looked at Folksuniversitetet but don't fancy traveling to Stockholm twice a week after work. Just wondering if I'm missing anything that may be available in my Kommun.

thx
+
Puffin
post 6.May.2009, 02:25 PM
Post #4

Some of the evening class centres offer Swedish evening classes (Medborgarskolan/ ABF / Studieförbundet vuxenskolan) - however their classes tend to run September- april/may.

Is there any particular reason that you are ruling out SFI? There are a lot of generalisations about the course - however some classes can be very good - in some areas people actually transfer from Foluniversitet to SFI as the class is better and free - all classes are different.

+
Jacey
post 4.Nov.2011, 09:40 AM
Post #5

I'm in the lucky position of the company I work for being willing to pay for classes smile.gif . Have looked at Folksuniversitetet but don't fancy traveling to Stockholm twice a week after work. Just wondering if I'm missing anything that may be available in my Kommun.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com