• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Sweden seeks to block tough EU Iran sanctions

Due to deal with Ericsson?

byke
post 9.Nov.2012, 02:41 PM
Post #1

Read a very interesting article which claims that Sweden had opposed EU sanctions against Iran due to the negative effect it could have with deals from Ericsson?

Sounds a little bent if true.

http://www.jpost.com/IranianThreat/News/Ar...aspx?id=287848
Go to the top of the page
+
frenchviking
post 11.Nov.2012, 09:02 AM
Post #2

It would not be so surprising...

It reminds me of the various times China was accused of not following human rights by france or the uk... And all of a sudden china would buy a few airbus planes and the whole topic disapeared from the agenda...
+
Yorkshireman
post 11.Nov.2012, 11:49 AM
Post #3

As usual @byke tries to push an agenda ... rolleyes.gif .

When You consider that Bachman stated the report was from an unauthorised, anonymous official. And put that alongside the fact that at the same time the EU Foreign Ministers were raising greater concerns about the continued Israeli occupation and settlement activities, as well as the total standstill in the peace process ... one can probably guess where the Sweden blocking EU sanctions on Iran story really came from ... oh!, not forgetting the fact that tougher sanctions were agreed wink.gif
+
byke
post 11.Nov.2012, 12:06 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 11.Nov.2012, 11:49 AM) *
As usual @byke tries to push an agenda ... rolleyes.gif .

What agenda is that?
I am simply relaying an article I have read.

If anything, the only agenda I see on here is by certain posters trying to repress others from sharing such information.
If you disagree, thats fine.

But dont try and claim I or others have an agenda when you clearly have an agenda yourself (As seen here).
Whats next, are you going to claim that any newspapers that print anything that could expose wrong doing, have an agenda too? biggrin.gif

I am sure there are many other articles still to be posted wink.gif
+
Yorkshireman
post 11.Nov.2012, 12:29 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (byke @ 11.Nov.2012, 12:06 PM) *
But dont try and claim I or others have an agenda when you clearly have an agenda yourself (As seen here).

Oh Dear!, Has the missus got control at home that You feel the need to try and control others wink.gif Fortunately I can claim whatever I like, You don't decide that! Just as You a free to post whatever You like, within the T&Cs of the forum.

QUOTE (byke @ 11.Nov.2012, 12:06 PM) *
Whats next, are you going to claim that any newspapers that print anything that could expose wrong doing, have an agenda too? biggrin.gif

Hmmmm ... It would be fair to say that Mr Murdoch has aready shown that wink.gif
+
redblue
post 12.Nov.2012, 10:20 AM
Post #6

"That's a lie, it's wrong," Ericsson spokesman Fredrik Hallstan said. "Since the sanctions against the financial sector came into force in 2010 we don't take any new business in Iran. We are honouring existing contracts."

source: http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/10/16/u...E89F0RC20121016
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com