• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Looking for place to stay in gävle

1 month - 1 week

menzies
post 2.Feb.2012, 01:14 PM
Post #1

I am a 20 year old british male who is very close to getting his 4 numbers.

It's going to take a week - 1 month and i am looking for a place to stay in gävle or outside of gävle.

I only have a laptop with me and a small backpack, i get my own food from my girlfriend, my own clothes and essentials.

I need a place to stay from 9pm - 10am 3 days a week, i can pay 1000 for this.

I am desperate, i spent the last night outside and it almost killed me i cannot do another night..
Go to the top of the page
+
David S
post 2.Feb.2012, 01:27 PM
Post #2

Check out the english speaking society group on Facebook, it's based in Gävle and someone might be able to help.

We're about half hour drive south east of Gävle if you get desperate (is bus/train from gävle). Place is in chaos since we just moved in, but it's warm and we can dig up a mattress.

have to ask though, why can't you stay with your girlfriend?
+
menzies
post 2.Feb.2012, 01:33 PM
Post #3

I am incredibly desperate im starting to panic, i cannot come up with the strength to go back to that shithole england... Sweden is a great country i've never been so happy and if i am to go back to england it will take half a year to 1 year to get back here and i cannot do that i would fall apart...

Im willing to do anything, if you can help me i'd be in your debt you practically save my life!
+
Jamtjim
post 2.Feb.2012, 01:35 PM
Post #4

have to ask though, why can't you stay with your girlfriend?

That would have been my question as well...
+
menzies
post 2.Feb.2012, 01:36 PM
Post #5

I am able to stay here 4 days of the week, her mother likes her own space so she will not allow me to stay. Sorry i missed answering that question im not myself recently my life is a mess..
+
David S
post 2.Feb.2012, 01:57 PM
Post #6

Been there, done that, including the homeless in sweden in the middle of winter part.

Not fun.

Send me a PM if you don't find another option. We're just outside Gårdskär. It's 12 minutes on the train to Skutskär where I can pick you up, or an hour or so via bus (most of which is waiting in Skutskär) pretty much to our door.
+
menzies
post 2.Feb.2012, 02:06 PM
Post #7

Hi, i have sent you a pm ... I really don't know what to say im very thankfull
+
PDX
post 2.Feb.2012, 02:52 PM
Post #8

Tie up the mother, free her in four weeks time. Remember to apologize. Problem solved. Your girlfriend will provide the alibi.

~~~PDX~~~
+
nickoledlaird
post 2.Feb.2012, 05:01 PM
Post #9

Have you ever tried www.couchsurfing.org? I know many people who have had great experiences with it.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options