• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Questions about Schools in Stockholm

Moving to Stocholm

keithblyth
post 6.Apr.2015, 06:24 PM
Post #1

Hi, sorry if this question has already been asked- I could not find it with my (albeit ) quick search
I have a job interview next week in Stockholm. IF/when I get the job i will be moving my family to live in Stockholm. My girls are 7, 9 and 15.
My questions is this:
When it comes to finding a house and a school should I decide on where to live first, lets say Danderyd, and then just enroll in the local school or is it more advisable to enroll in a good school and then find somewhere to live in that area?
My family and I have started to learn Swedish and i would look at enrollment for the next school year - as they will finish of the year here in Nova Scotia.

Thanks for the help in advance- and I am sure i will be back with more of these obvious questions that non local/residents need help with smile.gif

Go to the top of the page
+
HelloAll
post 6.Apr.2015, 11:19 PM
Post #2

Tricky question. Are you planning a permanent or temporary move...and in that case will your kids go to a Swedish language school or a school using both English and Swedish?
There are quite a few old threads discussing the merits of various international/English langauge schools.
Personally, I would choose the school first then look for a place to live that is convenient to the school and your work.
Your eldest will soon be going to a "gymnasium", i.e. probably not the same school as the younger kids.
You may have gathered that it is difficult to find rental accommodation. Perhaps your employer can assist you?

here is useful info about Sweden
http://www.informationsverige.se/Svenska/S..._DM_3e_eng.pdf#
+
Emerentia
post 9.Apr.2015, 09:55 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (keithblyth @ 6.Apr.2015, 06:24 PM) *
Hi, sorry if this question has already been asked- I could not find it with my (albeit ) quick search I have a job interview next week in Stockholm. IF/when I get the job i wi ... (show full quote)

I would say that if you choose a nice neighboorhood, like most of Danderyd is, then the schools in that area are pretty nice too. In general.

Here is a site that could help you pick a school (it's in Swedish though)
http://väljaskola.se/servlet/Satellite?c=...startpageLayout
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se