• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Zlatan four England 2

What a launch for the new stadium

Hisingen
post 14.Nov.2012, 10:45 PM
Post #1

The UK commentators were awed by Zlatan's goals, and the fourth - where he wasn't even looking at the goal ! ! ! ! ! !
There is not a slivver of a doubt that he was worth the Golden Ball.
It was one hell of a match, and the win was simply magnificent.
Well done Sweden, and extra well done Zlatan.
Go to the top of the page
+
byke
post 14.Nov.2012, 11:09 PM
Post #2

I didn't watch it, fully knowing that with England missing players due to injury etc - it was going to be a clear win.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 14.Nov.2012, 11:15 PM
Post #3

So...you are saying England did not have eleven men on the field!
+
gplusa
post 14.Nov.2012, 11:49 PM
Post #4

And the Dummy Spit of the Day award goes to ...
+
AW1
post 15.Nov.2012, 12:22 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (byke @ 13.Nov.2012, 11:32 AM) *
As long as the Swedish football team doesn't cheat again tomorrow night.(Example 1, Example 2)Then I am sure it will be easy to praise Sweden's win over England.As the ... (show full quote)

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
+
byke
post 15.Nov.2012, 01:13 AM
Post #6

I have no doubt the better team won.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 15.Nov.2012, 02:31 AM
Post #7

Two mediocre teams trying to play football...
+
skogsbo
post 15.Nov.2012, 08:04 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (byke @ 15.Nov.2012, 01:13 AM) *
I have no doubt the better team won.

HURRAH, your first ever postive Sweden/Swedish comment! smile.gif

Well done, I bet it didn't hurt either.

ps. Anyway you better go back now to trawling the global news sites for negative Swedish news and commentary.
+
djmarko
post 15.Nov.2012, 09:51 AM
Post #9

watched the game, it felt like one guy playing against England, my friends were pissed in London, Zlatan a good player but needs to reproduce this form on the higher levels and win a champions league as well to be considered a great!!!
+
byke
post 15.Nov.2012, 10:25 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 15.Nov.2012, 08:04 AM) *
ps. Anyway you better go back now to trawling the global news sites for negative Swedish news and commentary.

I think you will find that most news is negative, regardless of its location.
The big difference is that the news links i have posted up often relate to Sweden (as does this forum).
+
Hisingen
post 15.Nov.2012, 04:50 PM
Post #11

What a misreable lot of b****y so and so's on here. Not one able to acknowledge that Zlatan played a great game, and made what even the British commentators on ITV described as a great candidate for the goal of the year. I pity the damned lot of you.
+
skogsbo
post 15.Nov.2012, 04:55 PM
Post #12

never saw it, watching footie is not my thing, did I miss something? wink.gif
+
Mib
post 15.Nov.2012, 07:57 PM
Post #13

Despite the score, it was a good match. The stadium is fantastic, but the crowd were a bit too quiet during parts of the game, although they did a good mexican wave. Zlatan never usually plays well against England, but showed his club form last night and of course a great 4th goal.

Was very funny when the stadium announcer for the substitutes said "...and for the British team we have...sorry England" and the english fans clapped his correction. Also, funny to see Hart and a couple of others warming up on the pitch while the opening ceremony was on.

All in all, a great experience, fantastic stadium, although internet mobile and Telia network were overloaded.
+
byke
post 15.Nov.2012, 08:14 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 15.Nov.2012, 04:50 PM) *
What a misreable lot of b****y so and so's on here. Not one able to acknowledge that Zlatan played a great game, and made what even the British commentators on ITV describ ... (show full quote)

That was a bit harsh old boy.
As I am sure you will have seen, discussions on the game have been exchanged.
But just because no one is kissing ass, doesnt make them miserable.

Again, I didnt see the game as I suspected the outcome given the team England had to work with.
And it appeared my prediction was correct.

I did youtube the Zlatan clip everyone is banging on about and its a sweet goal.
But it has to be said that while it was a spectacle to watch, there was a certain element of fluke.

But again, the home team won.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options