• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
17 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Are Swedish men feminine?

Dexter77
post 13.Sep.2008, 10:45 AM
Post #1

I've been traveling quite a lot around the world and currently live in Stockholm. To me men in Stockholm seem more feminine than anywhere else where I've been. Is it just Stockholm or are all men in Sweden as unmasculine?

Sure, there are masculine men too, but large portion of them would pass as a woman if they were a wig. What I mean by feminine features are weak jaw, light bone structure, smooth skin, small nose, thick and possibly long hair and less strong features in general. In addition they seem to like to dress feminine as well (very tight jeans and tight clothes in general).
Go to the top of the page
+
Spir0
post 13.Sep.2008, 11:11 AM
Post #2

Why you care? You want to pick one or two up? Contact Wicked_Dude on here I am sure he will help you.
+
Spir0
post 13.Sep.2008, 11:22 AM
Post #3

Also I am going out today with a few Swedish friends why don't you show up at TGIFs in Stureplan at 1400 and ask them. I would love to see what happens, may even buy you a drink or four till you get the nerve to ask them. :twisted: :twisted:
+
Dexter77
post 13.Sep.2008, 11:27 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Spir0)
Why you care? You want to pick one or two up? Contact Wicked_Dude on here I am sure he will help you.

To be honest, I'm actually interested whether it has something to do with equality. In general, it seems that men here are taking lots of roles that women used to have. Not just in positive way, but also in negative. I.e. they don't consider women as weaker gender any more. Meaning that they don't treat them in public as is regarded gentlemanly either (e.g. opening doors for them, letting them go first, etc).

So what I'm wondering is that are we seeing a cultural evolution here, where men are becoming more and more womanish due to the social pressure.
+
Dave_the_rave
post 13.Sep.2008, 11:32 AM
Post #5

yes... but this has been discussed about a zillion times on the local...but i do agree never seen so many male tarts
+
Dexter77
post 13.Sep.2008, 11:40 AM
Post #6

Really? I couldn't find a single discussion with the search tool..
+
jack sprat
post 13.Sep.2008, 12:11 PM
Post #7

Apparently quite a few of them are carrying handbags these days,if thats a clue-----but looking on the bright side, Id prefer to get whacked with one of them, than some big nasty guys fist.
+
Miss Kitten
post 13.Sep.2008, 12:25 PM
Post #8

Do you mean feminine or effeminate?
+
Shark99 - The Great Catsb...
post 13.Sep.2008, 02:28 PM
Post #9

Hey, just because I vaccum, do dishes, take out the trash, do laundry, and scream when I see spiders, doesn't mean I'm not a man. smile.gif
+
Survey Says . . . . .
post 13.Sep.2008, 04:22 PM
Post #10

The problem is that Swedish so-called men are unable and unwilling to protect the country, be it from bullies in school, rapes in Stockholm (rate is 6 times NYC), muslimists, to be fathers, providers, etc. Ask a Swedesh male what it is to be a man, he will not know how to answer, he is a feminist. He is a lady, concerned with his looks and overly concerned with gossip and his hair. Do not let you sons grow up in this self centered mentality. A real man is brave, fearless, selfless, a provider for his family, willing to swim through shark infested waters for his women, will stand up to bullies and rapists and anyone who is a threat to his family or society.

Swedish man's reply, "duh, is this payday"?
+
Kaethar
post 13.Sep.2008, 05:16 PM
Post #11

:roll:
A man is a person with male genitals (usually) who feels male. :x
All that you described above can be aspects of either gender.

I've never seen so much nonsense in one post before. :evil:
+
Dexter77
post 13.Sep.2008, 05:21 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Survey Says . . . . .)
The problem is that Swedish so-called men are unable and unwilling to protect the country, be it from bullies in school, rapes in Stockholm (rate is 6 times NYC), muslimists, to be fathers, providers, etc. Ask a Swedesh male what it is to be a man, he will not know how to answer, he is a feminist. He is a lady, concerned with his looks and overly concerned with gossip and his hair. Do not let you sons grow up in this self centered mentality. A real man is brave, fearless, selfless, a provider for his family, willing to swim through shark infested waters for his women, will stand up to bullies and rapists and anyone who is a threat to his family or society.

I suppose it's their choice? It is their country after all.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 13.Sep.2008, 05:54 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Survey Says . . . . .)

You must be a Swede then?
+
post 13.Sep.2008, 06:23 PM
Post #14

i love the feminine side of my swedish man. he's not afraid to cry, he demonstrates his emotions and he cares about his appearance.

he'll carry my purse without feeling embarrassed. the best part is that we are able to share so much of our wardrobe. my dresses are a bit too short for him, but with his gorgeous shaved legs, he pulls it off. of course we can't share pumps. unfortunately i'm a winter and he's a spring, otherwise we'd be able to share our eyeshadows and lipsticks. basic black mascara is right for any coloring, but that's one thing i won't share.

he even buys my tampons and sanitary pads. i love him. that's why i came to sweden. i've also traveled the world and couldn't imagine another man.

8)
+
Holecutter > The Howl ...
post 13.Sep.2008, 06:47 PM
Post #15

Most of us here have said it all before, so to sum it up in four words words, better not otherwise the Swedes on this site will get their knickers in a twist

However, they do have fine bone structures...good enough to ply their wares down on Boogie street in Singapore.

Holecutter spews up after reading all the lovey dovey shit here.

:twisted:
+

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com