• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4   Reply to this topic

Login problems with TL

Cookies and Chrome

Gamla Hälsingebock
post 10.Dec.2012, 07:49 PM
Post #46

I find the absence of "moderators" extremely liberating...shall I use a "naughty" word to see if they came back? cool.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Snood
post 11.Dec.2012, 10:50 AM
Post #47

Same story, same problems here, this is just ridiculous.
+
Gordy
post 11.Dec.2012, 11:44 AM
Post #48

On the news pages I am showing as not logged in, but here on the forum I am logged in although it is displaying "Register / Log in" where it would normally display "Update details / Log out"

I'm also remaining logged in on multiple devices for over a two day period with multiple sessions, so there has been an improvement for me at least even if the problems haven't been fully fixed.

[Edit] Clicking on the edit button the "Full edit/quick edit dialogue box is appearing in the wrong place and is almost completely obliterated by the column to the right but it was possible for me click on it to make this edit.
+
Johno
post 11.Dec.2012, 02:52 PM
Post #49

Just read the article on a "double decker bus" crash, only its not a double decker as we would know it. But my comment to that effect would not post. I conclude that The Local is more into gaining data into users habits with multiple cookies downloaded and in targeted advertising than good admin or a well engineered site.
+
Hisingen
post 11.Dec.2012, 06:07 PM
Post #50

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 10.Dec.2012, 07:49 PM) *
I find the absence of "moderators" extremely liberating...shall I use a "naughty" word to see if they came back? cool.gif

How about telling them to pull their f*****g fingers out and sort the problems out ! ! ! ! ! angry.gif
+
Garry Jones
post 11.Dec.2012, 06:32 PM
Post #51

This has been going on for over a year. It is not just Chrome as I refuse to use that, it's all browsers all the time. I could delve deeper into Cookies myself but a quick copy of folder and recheck after problem come back seems to show the "logged-in" cookie is being overwritten when you click out and into the forums, just proves really that you can't have your cookie and eat it.

A deeper look. The Local, unlike other sites use "one login" cookies. If I am logged into facebook or spotify I can remain logged in from two (or more) pc's at the same time. I can even be logged in from the mobile and a pc. On "The Local" they use a logout appendix so when you log in on a 2nd device the first is logged out.

As this makes it more difficult to post and comment on stories it ultimely drives some traffic away from the site. If you comment on a story you are about 10 (proven) times more likely to come back and look at it again. If you can remain logged in you are three times more likely post again. So the answer is simple, change to a more std solution and encourage people to be logged in more often. This boosts figures and advertising revenue,
+
byke
post 11.Dec.2012, 07:15 PM
Post #52

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 11.Dec.2012, 07:07 PM) *
How about telling them to pull their f*****g fingers out and sort the problems out ! ! ! ! ! . angry.gif

Deleting letters from a word to give the illusion of a profanity, makes very little difference than using all the letters as the sentiment is still there.

And the message still comes over loud and clear.

But then further more complaining about profanity being used, simply makes you hypocritical old Cnut.Sorry, maybe I should add some more stars **** to make it all better and exonerate myself from any accusations of poor behaviour.

A shit is still a shit, regardless if you sprinkle sugar on it.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 11.Dec.2012, 07:56 PM
Post #53

Hey The Local!

What he said...Post #50! laugh.gif
+
Hisingen
post 11.Dec.2012, 08:43 PM
Post #54

QUOTE (byke @ 11.Dec.2012, 07:15 PM) *
A shit is still a shit, regardless if you sprinkle sugar on it.

If that is how you like yours, Byke, then who am I to argue with that. laugh.gif
+
intrepidfox
post 14.Dec.2012, 06:38 PM
Post #55

It´s still almost impossible to leave a comment on the news side. Pathetic.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 14.Dec.2012, 06:53 PM
Post #56

In the"old days" we had to post here about news articles and provide a link...maybe they want to return to that style.
+
Kn33grow
post 14.Jan.2013, 01:03 PM
Post #57

How do people post comments under news articles? I see others posting but i cant or do i need to register separately for the forum and news section?

When will TL look into this issue?
+
Kn33grow
post 14.Jan.2013, 01:06 PM
Post #58

Forget that comment was posted although it was showing me server issues. Either way you would expect this to be fixed after such a long time,or is it fika rast still?
+

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options