• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

SFI bonus questions

Information about SFI bonus

Katfanton
post 30.Jul.2012, 08:45 PM
Post #1

Hey guys, just wanted to ask a quick question, well 3 actually! Four weeks ago I completed SFI kurs C and handed in my application for the bonus. The thing is I've been told by multiple people that I can't get the bonus due to being from the EU I am here on a sambo permit not for work or education and my code from the migration board says B5 which is a valid code, but I just wondered if there's anyone who can confirm whether they have received it.

Also how long did it take for you to receive it, a site I read says 2 weeks but it's been over that, do you get a letter of confirmation? I just don't want to pursue a query if it's pointless

Thank you for reading smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
JulieLou40
post 30.Jul.2012, 10:28 PM
Post #2

You are indeed eligible for the bonus...as was I (same situation too, with sambo permit, from EU etc). Alas, I started too late to make it in time (you have to pass within one year of starting and within 15 months of entering the country), so I missed out. But if you meet the above criteria, you are definitely eligible!
+
olga118
post 30.Jul.2012, 10:53 PM
Post #3

I could be wrong but was led to believe there is no bonus for course C. I know there is one for course D.
+
PeteKa
post 31.Jul.2012, 12:15 AM
Post #4

You get it maybe after a month, depending if summer, after you finish SFI D. You can still get even from Eu but in Sweden with sambo. You apply after your course ending date and of course have at least G for grade
+
Peter Thomas
post 31.Jul.2012, 12:36 PM
Post #5

You are indeed eligible. Also, courses B, C and D are eligible for the bonus. Course B is 6000, Courses C and D are both 8000, though you can only claim a maximum of 15000. As previously posted, you have 12 months from date of starting SFI to date of exam, and 15 months from entering Sweden.
+
MissQ
post 1.Aug.2012, 07:58 AM
Post #6

I got an official reply from SFI centrum that if you start from course C you have to pass D test to qualify for the bonus, if you start with B then you need to pass course C, and so on. I believe most people with colleague education and decent English will start from course C, which means no bonus would be available until you pass D. The bonus for passing D is 12000kr tax free.
+
StephenR
post 3.Aug.2012, 10:32 PM
Post #7

Anyone with the following decisions are entitled to the bonus, regardless of nationality: AC, AF, AK, AM, AS, AT, AV, B, B3, B4, B5, B6, B7, B8, G, K, K1, K4, K7, K8, K9, KV, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, T1, T9
+
Case officer
post 6.Aug.2012, 09:09 PM
Post #8

EU citizens with registered right of residence and family members with a residence card are not eligible for the SFI bonus. This is because only Swedish residents with a residence permit are eligible. Also, citizens of Denmark, Norway, Iceland and Denmark are not eligible since they can't have residence permits in the first place.
+
nickachu
post 7.Aug.2012, 09:21 AM
Post #9

I passed SFI D in december, got the bonus start of feburary, so probably about 4-8 weeks (It was chirstmas time so took a bit extra time)
+
StephenR
post 7.Aug.2012, 09:23 AM
Post #10

The bonus is paid out by the Kommun (and then reimbursed by the state) so waiting times are going to vary. I got my bonus in less than a fortnight in Haninge.
+
Somebody
post 7.Aug.2012, 04:11 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (nickachu @ 7.Aug.2012, 09:21 AM) *
I passed SFI D in december, got the bonus start of feburary, so probably about 4-8 weeks (It was chirstmas time so took a bit extra time)

Can you tell us, please, if you are from EU and what kind of residence permit do you hold here in Sweden?
+
StephenR
post 7.Aug.2012, 08:59 PM
Post #12

EU citizenship is irrelevant - what is relevant is that the Decision Class of your residence permit is one of these: AC, AF, AK, AM, AS, AT, AV, B, B3, B4, B5, B6, B7, B8, G, K, K1, K4, K7, K8, K9, KV, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, T1, T9
+
gaffal
post 4.Oct.2012, 07:55 PM
Post #13

hello, riding on another's post about sfi bonus, i hope you don't mind..

i moved here 2 months ago from a non-eu country, have sat for the test and i've been recommended to go for svenska som andrasprak grund del 2. from my brief understanding reading all your previous posts, this means that i have to complete A, B, C & D before i'm considered eligible for the bonus (within 12 months of starting sfi).

my questions:
1. which category does grund del 2 fall into? Is it A?
2. does one usually claim for the bonus when all the courses are completed (maximum 15,000kr) or can it be claimed one at each time?

appreciate your advise, and thanks in advance!
+
Puffin
post 4.Oct.2012, 08:21 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (gaffal @ 4.Oct.2012, 08:55 PM) *
i moved here 2 months ago from a non-eu country, have sat for the test and i've been recommended to go for svenska som andrasprak grund del 2. from my brief understanding ... (show full quote)

SAS grund is not SFI at all - it is the next step after SFI (junior high school level Swedish) - there is no bonus at all for SAS grund
+
gaffal
post 4.Oct.2012, 08:24 PM
Post #15

i'm confused. what's the difference between sfi and sas?
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com