• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Dublin II Regulation

Which countries beside Greece

alyacoob
post 9.Feb.2013, 01:11 PM
Post #1

Hello,

which countries in EU beside Greece, if the refugee came from and has a fingerprint, the migrationsverket here in Sweden will not return back, and the migrationsverket will open their cases in Sweden.
Go to the top of the page
+
elina.stene
post 9.Feb.2013, 02:22 PM
Post #2

Who cares, don't come! We have enough "refugees"
+
oddsock
post 9.Feb.2013, 02:38 PM
Post #3

Yes, Elina Stene, I'm sure you grew up in great hardship so you are in a very good position to judge who is and who isn't a "refugee".
+
polartwist
post 9.Feb.2013, 03:37 PM
Post #4

oddsock, the problem is in the numbers not in the definition of "refugee". Sweden is putting too much effort in numbers. This is an European "problem" and we can't, as a Country, solve the problems of all humanity.
+
marieantoinette
post 9.Feb.2013, 04:58 PM
Post #5

Even though the initial comment was rude, I still think that before jumping to the whole "compassion" story one should know what exactly the OP is asking.
Call me cynical, but: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_Regulation
and a related link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asylum_shopping

The whole idea is, yeah, there's this EU, it's safe, but still, some places are better than others. Sure, I get it, but ultimately how far can it go? If it's legit to say "I'm in Bulgaria, I'm safe and sound but I like Sweden better, I'd rather have asylum there" and that deserves the same consideration as people currently in war zones, then really, this has all gone to hell long ago.
+
oddsock
post 9.Feb.2013, 05:53 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (polartwist @ 9.Feb.2013, 03:37 PM) *
we can't, as a Country, solve the problems of all humanity.

Such arrogance, I don't think anybody was suggesting that.
+
Case officer
post 9.Feb.2013, 06:46 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (alyacoob @ 9.Feb.2013, 01:11 PM) *
which countries in EU beside Greece, if the refugee came from and has a fingerprint, the migrationsverket here in Sweden will not return back, and the migrationsverket will open their cases in Sweden.

Greece is the only exception.
+
polartwist
post 9.Feb.2013, 07:15 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (oddsock @ 9.Feb.2013, 05:53 PM) *
Such arrogance, I don't think anybody was suggesting that.

It's not arrogance, it is called realism.
+
Yorkshireman
post 9.Feb.2013, 07:41 PM
Post #9

To answer the OP ... It is only Greece, and only as long as they continue to place asylum seeker in Prison rather than temporary accomodation ... they cannot deal with the volume, no money. Sweden and other EU states have been providing a degree of assistance in order to try and clean up things in Greece, but they are still not at the right level yet and wont be for a while.

You could also try going via Italy, speak fluent French ...they will most likely offer temporary permits as they will assume you are from North Africa and on the way to France, then your prints are wiped out from the database wink.gif ...heck, sometimes they will even fix the travel to France. biggrin.gif
+
alyacoob
post 11.Feb.2013, 05:27 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (elina.stene @ 9.Feb.2013, 02:22 PM) *
Who cares, don't come! We have enough "refugees"

I did not expect some one reply like that
+
alyacoob
post 11.Feb.2013, 05:30 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 9.Feb.2013, 07:41 PM) *
To answer the OP ... It is only Greece, and only as long as they continue to place asylum seeker in Prison rather than temporary accomodation ... they cannot deal with the vol ... (show full quote)

how about Hungary, if some one has finger print in Hungary ??? they return him or no ??
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply