• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

The new controllers on the trams in Gothenburg

What happened to the heavy fat geezers?

eardoctor
post 21.Feb.2013, 10:07 PM
Post #1

i saw them today, a team of young 20-something fit-looking kids in cool jackets and white ski-caps. so what did they do with all those big fat brutal guys? just sacked 'em?
Go to the top of the page
+
Hisingen
post 22.Feb.2013, 12:05 AM
Post #2

Could be that they are being used to lift the Italian trams, since the buyers forgot to purchase porper lifting equiptment for them - among other things. cool.gif
+
eardoctor
post 22.Feb.2013, 08:43 AM
Post #3

like it!
+
ljtaylor88
post 22.Feb.2013, 11:34 AM
Post #4

Lol I think it was Securitas who held the contract for the ticket inspectors before, but they lost out to G4S. Who are apparently much more "hip" (and probably cheaper)

Gotta say, there's much more of 'em. Between moving here in Aug 12 to Jan 13 I NEVER encountered a ticket inspector, now I've met two in a week!
+
eardoctor
post 22.Feb.2013, 12:17 PM
Post #5

www.planka.nu
+
staycold
post 13.Sep.2013, 09:34 AM
Post #6

When I first moved here last year they were on strike as they had been getting a bit too handsy and physical so everyone kinda kicked off about it...ever since then I only see young lads.. When I do encounter them that is, which is not often!
+
AgeOfReason
post 13.Sep.2013, 11:19 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (ljtaylor88 @ 22.Feb.2013, 12:34 PM) *
Lol I think it was Securitas who held the contract for the ticket inspectors before, but they lost out to G4S. Who are apparently much more "hip" (and probably cheaper)

It was Göteborgs Spårvägar's Trafikantservice that previously had the contract but when the contract was due for renewal in the public procurement round G4S offered a price that was 30% lower, so they won the contract. When things go to public procurement, according to EU law, then it is always lowest price that wins as you cannot place into the tender request any conditions that favour local companies over other EU companies, and the European Court tend to disregard most conditions and requirements in tenders in favour of lowest price when any contract is challenged.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com