• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5   Reply to this topic

Citizenship processing time

Current waiting times

Craptastical
post 4.Jun.2013, 10:32 AM
Post #61

Note that I didn't argue my case, instead I withdrew my application in April. They contacted me out of the blue yesterday.
Go to the top of the page
+
Craptastical
post 18.Jun.2013, 04:21 PM
Post #62

My final update... I was granted Swedish citizenship.

So, there you have it. I was told that in my case my time on UT was counted because I had clearly stated my intention to permanently settle in Sweden in my initial application for the work and residence permit.

I hope that this helps.
+
activex
post 18.Jun.2013, 09:50 PM
Post #63

Congratulations. That is good news.
Good luck for others as well.
+
BamBamBigelow
post 15.Jul.2013, 04:35 PM
Post #64

QUOTE (Craptastical @ 18.Jun.2013, 03:21 PM) *
My final update... I was granted Swedish citizenship.So, there you have it. I was told that in my case my time on UT was counted because I had clearly stated my intention to p ... (show full quote)

Hi Craptastical,
I have a few questions.
1. how did you clearly stated your intent to settle? Was there any field in the application form that you had checked? since, it was applied by the employer, did they do it for you? or did deliver a hand written letter showing intent to settle along with your app?
2. when you got the 2 + 2 temporary resident permits... were your visas restricted for the employer in the first and then to the occupation in the second? as migrationsverket clearly states that it is not possible to count the time that is either tied to employer or occupation, it would be interesting to know. I know a friend of mine who recently applied and had got a work pemit with no employer name or occupation written on the resident card. so, that is a possibility.

Cheers,
Bambam
+
Craptastical
post 16.Jul.2013, 12:12 PM
Post #65

QUOTE (BamBamBigelow @ 15.Jul.2013, 05:35 PM) *
Hi Craptastical, I have a few questions.1. how did you clearly stated your intent to settle? Was there any field in the application form that you had checked? since, it was ap ... (show full quote)

There was a section which asked this explicitly, and it also asked if I intended to renew my work permit in the future.

I filled out the forms myself and a company-sponsored immigration lawyer reviewed it. This was in 2007 though, so I'm probably not the best person to ask because both the rules and the forms appear to have changed considerably since then.

QUOTE (BamBamBigelow @ 15.Jul.2013, 05:35 PM) *
2. when you got the 2 + 2 temporary resident permits... were your visas restricted for the employer in the first and then to the occupation in the second? as migrationsverket ... (show full quote)

I didn't get a 2+2 permit, I got a 4 year UT/work permit from the start because it was a location transfer within my company.

I was restricted to the company I worked for and the *field of work*. I was promoted etc so the job changed over time but I was still granted an additional 2 year UT/work permit and eventually a PUT even though I was completely honest about this with both my union and MV.

Another example of the differences in the process/rules... In 2007 my company had to get Arbetsförmedlingen's approval that I take the job (even though it was just moving with me) as well as the union representative's approval before I could submit my application to MV. From what I can tell, that's purely up to the unions now.

Important: If you are applying for a work permit now you will most definitely be governed by the new regulations rather than when I applied in 2007. If you have questions then contact Migrationsverket yourself or hire an attorney who specializes in immigration matters rather than completely rely on advice given on this board.
+
BamBamBigelow
post 24.Jul.2013, 06:37 PM
Post #66

@Craptastical,
So, do you know any immigration attorney who burns a hole and not a crater in my pocket? rolleyes.gif
+
friendonlyyours
post 25.Jul.2013, 09:01 AM
Post #67

It is useless as MV changed the rules and forms, now there is no way to say your attention as not you and not any company can give guarantee of job will remain there until 4 years, may be you will leave or they will fire you. Before 2007 people get direct PUT mostly when they get job but then MV changed it to 4 year UT and sometime again 2 year extension as that guy is saying but from 2008 or 2009 it is totally changed and you get temporary work permit of 2 years after 4 year temporary survival they get surety that you can get PUT and then your citizenship time starts.

Any immigration attorney can't bypass current rules for you...! So don't waste time if you are not from 2007 or before, after that 9 years citizenship time without exception, some people have hope which will because of some miss-understanding of rule written on website and even MV customer service guy also miss guide you usually in this regard.
+

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com