• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

A new Västrafik ticket fiasco!

Why must it be so complicated?

Snood
post 18.Sep.2013, 02:44 PM
Post #16

Oh, I knew about that. And from the looks of it, it looks like it's going to be a huge improvement over what we have now. Can't wait for it to come.

The OP said something would change at the end of this month.. not in 2015 as is Västtrafik's plan. I was quite confused, perhaps it was that they were introducing something in the meantime.
Go to the top of the page
+
Hisingen
post 18.Sep.2013, 05:20 PM
Post #17

You get the idea that Västtrafik could never manage to organize the proverbial in a brewery.

They want to get people to leave their cars at home and use public transport, so they buy trams that rust and spend most of their life in the workshop. Then they introduce a ticket system that seems to work only when there is a Z in the month. Added to that they reduce the number of buses, trams and trains on certain routes thereby losing passengers, and fail to coordinate train, bus and tram times. Now there is to be yet another ticket system. Oh, and more trams are to be bought - from the same Italian supplier I wonder. Somewhere there must be some backhanders being paid out. One thing is for sure, they don't honestly want people to ride their transport, since their planners see to it that everything goes at the wrong time in the wrong direction, at a higher price. Yes, the old ticket system has been mentioned. It was simple. It worked, and you always knew where you stood with regard to your use of the tickets. The people 'running' the system have never heard the very true saying - IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.

Small wonder that Göteborg has that nickname of Muteborg. Until they get a proper council that has the interest of the people and not itself at heart, the city will continue on its downward journey - into the tunnels of Västlänken - a monument to the current politicians with a price that will have to be paid by generations of inhabitants long after the current 'planners' have died.

I am more than glad I have left that city, never to return, and very rarely visit. There are plenty of other towns that welcome visitors, and to those people will now go.
+
eardoctor
post 19.Sep.2013, 03:00 PM
Post #18

nice post Hisingen
+
Hisingen
post 19.Sep.2013, 05:04 PM
Post #19

Thanks for the compliment. It's nice to know that not all of my comments fall on deaf ears..

smile.gif

Er sorry, no offence meant name-wise.
+
eardoctor
post 21.Sep.2013, 07:52 PM
Post #20

tongue.gif
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN