• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Looking for a Bookkeeping Software

Valid in Sweden but available in English

ozu
post 17.Nov.2012, 08:44 AM
Post #1

Hi! I have a question to English speakers and small business owners in Sweden.

My friend is starting a small business in Sweden. He will be, so called, a Solo Trader (F-tax certificate holder) and have to do bookkeeping, tax-declaration and some other tax related procedures by himself.

Verksamt.se (http://www.verksamt.se/portal/en_GB/web/international/home) is for foreigners who want to start a small business in Sweden but it doesn't tell me how actually we can do bookkeeping.

Can you tell me if you know a good bookkeeping software valid in Sweden? Doing things in Sweden is always 100% harder than doing in your own country...

Thank you for your interest and help in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+
Alexzan
post 17.Nov.2012, 12:58 PM
Post #2

Hi, this is the most popular bookkeeping software used - http://www.vismaspcs.se/ - not sure if it's available in english as well, check their webpage and/or contact them to ask smile.gif
+
Hisingen
post 17.Nov.2012, 02:29 PM
Post #3

There is also this one (of several similar) at 1490:- plus moms. But as far as I can see it is only in Swedish. Add to that the fact that your bookkeeping returns must be in Swedish, I can't see any program managing the two-language system.

http://www.hogia.se/smalloffice/produkter/bokforing/
+
ozu
post 18.Nov.2012, 03:31 PM
Post #4

Thank you Alexzan and Hisingen. I'm gonna check the software packages you recommended.

It's true. Documents from the tax office must be in Swedish... It might be good to try everything in Swedish.

Although, I am still looking forward to comments from anyone doing business in Sweden.
Any information about software, apps and anything that help might us (actually him) doing bookkeeping here is welcome.

Thanks, you two again!

Best Regards,
+
Hisingen
post 18.Nov.2012, 03:46 PM
Post #5

I gave you Hogia, because my wife used them when she ran a bookkeeping bureau some years ago, and we also used it in our own B & B business. But more than that I cannot say, since I was never 'into' the book work. But I do know that, for example, Hogia (we had a pretty expensive version covering several companies) supplied updates on a regular basis, and is one of the big ones in Sweden, but can be expensive. We also were acquainted with SCPS as it then was, but Hogia was the most comprehensive. Try contacting both companies, and others, too, if you find them, and ask for reference companies using their products to obtain their impressions. Depending on the size of your venture, that will reflect more the practicality of the program you finally choose.
Good Luck.
+
Cheeseroller2
post 18.Nov.2012, 06:23 PM
Post #6

I use www.fortnox.se which is fine except some error messages are not in English. That's not a major limitation though and overall it's easy to use, and does all we need. Another is www.e-commerce.se (or .com). A colleague looked at it but didn't like the user interface - but it seems more developed than Fortnox in that it can integrate with some e-commerce systems.
+
runinan
post 27.Nov.2012, 02:47 AM
Post #7

www.speedhost-bd.com is my business. I can customize
you an accounting software, if you like.

Thanks
+
akibobrob
post 27.Nov.2012, 09:36 AM
Post #8

I think it depends a lot on what the nature of the business is. I'm from the UK and set up a sole trader company doing freelance and contract work in the IT sector. I looked at most of these software packages but found for my needs, they were needlessly complex so I just use an Excel spreadsheet and have an accountant who does the formal bookkeeping.
+
RedYeti
post 27.Nov.2012, 11:48 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (akibobrob @ 27.Nov.2012, 08:36 AM) *
I looked at most of these software packages but found for my needs, they were needlessly complex so I just use an Excel spreadsheet and have an accountant who does the formal bookkeeping.

Interesting to hear since Excel is expressly illegal to use:

http://www.verksamt.se/portal/en_GB/web/in...aq/accounts#_10

But I guess using it to take notes and then having a book keeper create the actual accounts side-steps the issue (I guess - not sure though!).
+
Taxalien
post 27.Nov.2012, 10:09 PM
Post #10

Excel while forbidden is also not a practical solution because Swedish law is very restrictive when it comes to when an event must be entered into the books.

These can be read at: http://www.bfn.se/REDOVISNING/VAG/VL01-2-lopande.pdf

In practise, if you have no mitigating circumstance you have to have logged by the next working day.

The only exception appear to be if you use the cash method.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists
Click here for the full job description