• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

American looking for a job in Sweden

I'd appreciate any advice

guastchris
post 25.Nov.2012, 11:30 PM
Post #1

Hi all,
I am a 25-year old American citizen looking to return to Sweden to work. I studied and lived in Sweden for 3 years and speak and write Swedish quite well. I have a Master's degree in international marketing and have worked for a year in China. I read so much about how difficult it is to break into the Swedish job market, especially for non-EU citizens. Do any other Americans (or anyone) have any advice or information on how they landed their jobs. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I plan to be in Sweden when I am applying for jobs.
Go to the top of the page
+
wondering
post 26.Nov.2012, 09:07 AM
Post #2

The best advice I can give you right now is to get in touch with recruiters on LinkedIn.

Get a premium account and start networking.

It is the only way.

I know that Spotify are hiring aggressively. Look there and from what I understand they will expand to Asia and South America next year. If you speak Spanish or an Asian language perhaps that will help you.

Good luck and welcome!

FYI due to the economic conditions hiring may be quite restricted now as labor costs are so high in Sweden. But in any case keep your chin up !
+
byke
post 26.Nov.2012, 09:16 AM
Post #3

Sweden's a big place, and professions are fairly diverse.
Meaning unless you are looking for tips to improve your CV - its a fairly open ended question.

So where do you want to move to, and what is your line of profession.

If you start from there, you may have a better chance of gathering more specific answers.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se