• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

On sick leave

When do you need a doctor's note?

Opalnera
post 30.Jan.2013, 09:12 AM
Post #1

I've been sick from work since Thursday, I don't work on Friday, Saturday or Sunday and I was on sick leave Monday-Wednesday this week. If I go back to work tomorrow, do I need a doctor's note?
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 30.Jan.2013, 09:39 AM
Post #2

You need one from calendar day 8 - so if you return to work on day 8 then you don't need one ie if you went sick on Thrusday and return the Thursday a week later you do not need one
+
Opalnera
post 30.Jan.2013, 09:45 AM
Post #3

Thanks Puffin, that's what I thought =)
+
Yorkshireman
post 30.Jan.2013, 10:08 AM
Post #4

If your employer has a collective agreement with any Union, then whatever is stated (if anything) in that agreement is what is valid, and it can be shorter than 8 days.
+
Opalnera
post 30.Jan.2013, 03:29 PM
Post #5

Not that I am aware of, or if they do I didn't sign anything. I just couldn't be arsed going to the doctor for a cold and I am feeling A LOT better this afternoon. Apart from a little headache that I can live with I'm good to go back to work.
+
Yorkshireman
post 30.Jan.2013, 03:35 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Opalnera @ 30.Jan.2013, 03:29 PM) *
Not that I am aware of, or if they do I didn't sign anything.

If they do then it often doesn't matter whether you signed anything or not, since employees are supposed to be treated equally, if there is a collective agreement then it is normal (even if you are not a Union member) that it is included in your employment contract, and the basic routines agreed with the union apply to everyone.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com