• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Internations in Sweden

What's your experience?

Mib
post 27.Aug.2012, 10:48 PM
Post #1

Hi,

Thinking of going to an Internations meetup and was wondering if anyone here has been to any of theur meetups? What are they like...age range of people...is it formal or casual...is it worth it...how many people went...What benefit did you get out of it?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
organic225
post 3.Jan.2013, 09:31 PM
Post #2

Hi Mib,

I'm just wondering if you ever attended an Internations event and what you thought of it if you did. Is it a legitimate organization with some vitality in Gothenburg?
+
Social Hypocrisy
post 4.Jan.2013, 02:17 PM
Post #3

Interesting! I tried this after living in Sweden for a couple of years. My belief being (it still is) that the situation for immigrants would not improve until we unit and start fighting for a common cause. After a year of inter nation meets I realised that the various groups are only interested in improving the situation for their own group and are unwilling to cooperate with the other groups.
End result... the situation for immigrants will never get better as the singular groups only account for such a small percentage of society. Its a classic case of divide and conquer.

Use your imagination. Sweden has a anti immigration party. Why not start a pro immigration party? Do we not after all live in a democracy.

Just think if all the various immigrant groups were to unite and vote for a new party... Thats a lot of votes.

Many immigrants I have met believe that the Social Democrats are the ones who will help them. This could not be further from the truth! This is the very party that initiated all the employment protectionist policies lead by the unions who want to keep immigrants out of the workforce and in a role of subservience. Thats why Sweden takes refugees for the most part because they are less likely to be a threat to the native swede.
+
Pursuivant
post 7.Jan.2013, 11:47 AM
Post #4

No need to start, you already have the Centerpartiet.

And you really think the established immigrants want more immigrants in? Theres no jobs, the people coming in are more and more on bidrag, and one day the money will run out and no more bidrag.
+
Pursuivant
post 7.Jan.2013, 11:48 AM
Post #5

.is it formal or casual.

Borat mankini.
+
skogsbo
post 7.Jan.2013, 11:53 AM
Post #6

fomal then!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com