• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Library in Stockholm

Library where I can find literature in English

Lita
post 19.Dec.2012, 02:17 PM
Post #1

Hello everyone

I came in Sweden to have my master studies in social work. I am studying in Linnaeus University in Vaxjo.
I finished my courses, but just now that I will start my master thesis I had to move to Stockholm, because my fiance got a job here. I need to know, which library in Stockholm has the most literature in English? So I can work on my thesis.

Thank you in advance
Go to the top of the page
+
SimonDMontfort
post 19.Dec.2012, 02:26 PM
Post #2

Hi

Stadsbiblioteket at Sveavägen 73 is a pretty good place to start, but I'm sure many other Stockholm libraries have English versions too.
+
olga118
post 20.Dec.2012, 01:00 AM
Post #3

https://biblioteket.stockholm.se/

You can search by title or author and find out which library in Stockholm has the book you are looking for. You can also find out how many copies they have and, if the book you want is loaned, you can get in line for it. Good luck!!!
+
Lita
post 20.Dec.2012, 11:01 AM
Post #4

Thank you very much for your help smile.gif
+
Puffin
post 20.Dec.2012, 01:33 PM
Post #5

You could ask Linnéuniversitet if they can arrange library access for you at Stockholm University

You can probably use Stockholm university library and work in the library and read books there - just not take them out (I have done this a couple of times at Dalarna rather than commute 5 hours to Uppsala) - you can use your Libris to identify which books Stockholm has

Many public libraries have a range of student books and novels in English as well
+
StephenR
post 20.Dec.2012, 03:03 PM
Post #6

I'd suggest the Internationella Bibliotek. It's beside Stadsbibliotekek in Stockholm.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com