• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Return opened Xbox 360 to the store

Refused a return

PotatoPower
post 3.Dec.2012, 12:42 AM
Post #1

Hi,
A couple of days ago I have bought Xbox 360 Slim at my local GAME video games store. Before buying I have looked on a year old review and I liked it. Hower after updating the Xbox on the first time setup, I found out that the new interface is awful and filled with ads. Anyway the next day I came to the GAME, the guy working the made a pokerface and said it is against the company policy to refund/return opened goods, even if they are brand new(in case if it broke down they would replace it with another one after testing it). What a bummer!

The question is, is there some kind of swedish costumer protection law that would override their policy? Is there someone I can contact who would force them to make a refund(except for the Russian mobsters, hehehe)?
Go to the top of the page
+
axiom
post 3.Dec.2012, 07:57 AM
Post #2

Let me try to get this,

So you bought an XBox 360, took it home, opened it, updated the software on it, used it and expect a full refund?

In principle the shop has no legal obligation to take it back:

http://www.konsumentverket.se/Lagar--regle...ment/Oppet-kop/
+
byke
post 3.Dec.2012, 09:17 AM
Post #3

Isn't there a 14 day cooling off period for all electronical devices?
+
Yorkshireman
post 3.Dec.2012, 09:40 AM
Post #4

No. There is an EU Consumer Right that allows 14 days cooling off for anything bought online or distance, but it doesn't cover store bought. The reasoning for the difference is that online/distance You don't get to see the product 1st, where-as store-bought You could/can.

Check the receipt to see if it says anywhere Öppetköp. Game used to have that, I'm pretty sure, but maybe after they were almost bankrupted they may have taken that away.
+
John.Smith
post 3.Dec.2012, 09:49 AM
Post #5

Sorry... but you do not have the right to return a used product. You opened it, used it, updated it therefore you cannot expect a refund. By your own admission you bought it based on a review that was not recent thus it was your own slip-up and not the fault of the store. Also, the store is not the manufacturer and thus has no responsibility for the bad UI or updating.

Maybe put it up on Blocket and you will find a buyer for the X-mas market?
+
Pursuivant
post 3.Dec.2012, 12:25 PM
Post #6

You bought it - its yours.
+
PotatoPower
post 4.Dec.2012, 11:52 PM
Post #7

Oh well. Does anyone want Xbox 360 250 GB Slim + 3 months Xbox Live(unopened) + Extra Wireless Controller(unopened) and Play & Charge Kit for 1700kr? Used it only for 4 days, original price was 2650kr. Here is the picture by the way and kvitto is included so there is a warranty, also I am living in Stockholm:

http://imgur.com/sRinE

P.S. There is nothing wrong with the Xbox it's just I don't like it, a matter of taste I guess.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se