• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Jamtjim and Trowbridge

Are they the same person?

intrepidfox
post 29.Jan.2013, 02:18 PM
Post #1

Jamtjim and Trowbridge. Are they the same person?

I´m just wondering as they both stopped posting roughly at the same time.
Go to the top of the page
+
PDX
post 29.Jan.2013, 02:25 PM
Post #2

Well, same person in the physical sense (by the way, byke is also part of the "crew"), but not in the clinical sense. Classic case of multiple personalities, all of them affected more or less by schizoaffective disorder rolleyes.gif .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoaffective_disorder

~~~DX~~~
+
Svensksmith
post 29.Jan.2013, 03:13 PM
Post #3

Didn't you know TL creates different personalities to post controversial topics to boost hit rates? Jamtjim, Trow, Lil' Rickie...are really a middle aged housewife living in Queens, NY.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 29.Jan.2013, 04:30 PM
Post #4

Hey!...I'm in Queens too...maybe we could get together and spawn a new generation of semi Trolls or whatever comes out...that we don't throw away!

I mean anything, could be useful here! laugh.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 29.Jan.2013, 05:45 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 29.Jan.2013, 03:18 PM) *
Jamtjim and Trowbridge. Are they the same person?. I´m just wondering as they both stopped posting roughly at the same time.

I dunnow...I need a life other than The Local!

I found that "JJ's" last post was 12/19/12.

Here is why I need to get away for a while...I could not find "hide nor hair" about Trow...am I searching wrong???

Nothing!

Who was that guy?

Seriously thinking about seeing someone and adjusting my medication! laugh.gif
+
Jamtjim
post 29.Jan.2013, 08:16 PM
Post #6

Haha... No, no, we are not the same person. As fond as I am of an argument, I have yet to resort to arguing with myself. I'm still here and check in most days to read the threads which interest me (which are depressingly few recently) and replying to those which stimulate me into doing so (which have been none).

The truth be told, about a year ago I began to lose interest in being active on this forum as I was finding it increasingly tedious to the point where I nearly left for good. However as Trowbridge decided to reappear, I thought better of my decision. Now he's left once again, this time most likely never to return (from what I am given to understand), the question recurs...

I have only ever posted here for the stimulus and pleasure I derive from doing so. Of late, it seems, making any sort of comment only seems to attract the attention of people who agree mostly with it (good for you, you are right, but alas agreement does is not so conducive to the debate which is what I enjoy the most), those who believe a viewpoint is advanced solely by cut and pasting news stories (a wholly fallacious attempt at an argument from popularity) or those who are either so stupid they are not worth listening to or so dishonest that they now find themselves on my ignore list.

As well as this, I have become a great deal more active on another site directed more towards my core interests and indeed have become a regular blogger there.

All this means that TL has become less of a interest for me and I lack both the energy and will to post as much as I used to, at least at the present. I will continue to drop in as I do now, and may even make the occasional post or two, but at least at the present time am likely to be anywhere near as active as I once was.
+
skogsbo
post 29.Jan.2013, 08:28 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 29.Jan.2013, 05:45 PM) *
I found that "JJ's" last post was 12/19/12.

there was me thinking Jim was Mayan and just had his dates mixed up !

Trow, is probably posting his conspiracy on another completely unrelated site, perhaps golfers or knitters are having to read about space lasers!
+
John.Smith
post 29.Jan.2013, 08:49 PM
Post #8

What? You never heard of golf-lasers???

Attached Image

+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 29.Jan.2013, 09:39 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 29.Jan.2013, 09:28 PM) *
there was me thinking Jim was Mayan and just had his dates mixed up !Trow, is probably posting his conspiracy on another completely unrelated site, perhaps golfers or knit ... (show full quote)

What I mean is Trow's records here are missing???

I could not use search programs here to find his old posts.

Why would he erase his existence???
+
cogito
post 30.Jan.2013, 01:47 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 29.Jan.2013, 02:18 PM) *
Jamtjim and Trowbridge. Are they the same person?

No way they're the same.
I miss Trowbridge.
+
PDX
post 30.Jan.2013, 02:15 PM
Post #11

All right, so it is Jamtjim-Trowbridge-byke-cogito then unsure.gif

~~~PDX~~~
+
byke
post 30.Jan.2013, 02:37 PM
Post #12

Is that a conspiracy theory ? laugh.gif
Trow used to claim I was a squirrel - obviously nuts.
+
Yorkshireman
post 30.Jan.2013, 02:57 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (PDX @ 30.Jan.2013, 02:15 PM) *
All right, so it is Jamtjim-Trowbridge-byke-cogito then unsure.gif . ~~~PDX~~~

Could just be a red herring to throw us off...and it really is:

PDX-Jamtjim-Trowbridge-byke-cogito ohmy.gif
+
Opalnera
post 30.Jan.2013, 03:26 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Jamtjim @ 29.Jan.2013, 08:16 PM) *
Haha... No, no, we are not the same person. As fond as I am of an argument, I have yet to resort to arguing with myself. I'm still here and check in most days to read the ... (show full quote)

Hahaha yeah. Honestly I think for a community of expats we are not particularly supportive of each other. I was really depressed the first year I was here and mostly due to the negativity about Sweden and Swedes that I got from here. Having said that, I probably would have been lost without it!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se