• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Work in Sweden

Plan to come to Sweden

R.Gouthaman
post 6.Apr.2013, 09:56 AM
Post #1

Hello,
I'm R.Gouthaman from India. I planned to come to sweden by the month of August'13, in a visit visa. I will be there in for 30 days. I have nearly 4 years of experience in a construction company as an Electrical Engineer. I want to find a job in sweden in those 30 days. Can I possibly get a job? I can do any kind of job in the initial (ie.) in some restaurants, petrol bunks, etc.

Kindly guide me.

Regards,
R.Gouthaman.
Go to the top of the page
+
PDX
post 6.Apr.2013, 12:16 PM
Post #2

No chance. You would have to get a work permit and this will be given out only for high skill professions.

~~~PDX~~~
+
PowertheSnow
post 6.Apr.2013, 12:24 PM
Post #3

I keep reading your posts and i do understand that you have more of a realistic mentality. Nothing bad with that but instead of just blocking him we can also tell him to e-mail/phone with some companies and prepare a foundation before he visits Sweden for 30 days. Isn't that better?
+
PDX
post 6.Apr.2013, 12:27 PM
Post #4

Well, there is no chance a restaurant or "petrol bunk" will consider him for employment in this case. This amount of realism I think is well deserved rolleyes.gif .

~~~PDX~~~
+
PowertheSnow
post 6.Apr.2013, 12:50 PM
Post #5

Well, of course preparing foundation should be about working related to his field (electric engineering). Not restaurant and gas station. smile.gif
+
Svensksmith
post 6.Apr.2013, 01:07 PM
Post #6

Mr. Gouthaman, your chances of getting a low skill type job are very slim, especially if you do not speak Swedish. It could happen, but it is unlikely in the time frame you mention. I, an non-Swedish speaker, was able to land a job at a moving company, but it was mostly a matter of luck and being in the right place at the right time. If you are strong of back and weak of mind like me, perhaps you could have the same success. I am curious, though, why you wish to leave your home country?
+
Case officer
post 6.Apr.2013, 01:27 PM
Post #7

Any employer will ask why an engineer wants to work as a busboy and how well you speak Swedish.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN