• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Holy Cr@p... Nooo!

Warning.. pictures of horrible stuff

Snood
post 12.Dec.2012, 09:21 AM
Post #16

You know, it's really not necessary to share these photos!! I was drinking my morning tea... that really is disgusting.. I'm glad our office is on the top floor of our building.

I hope it's sorted out quickly and the various stained areas don't reek for months to come..
Go to the top of the page
+
sandiec
post 12.Dec.2012, 01:11 PM
Post #17

I am really sorry John.Smith and hope your troubles are soon over.

I have to say I have not laughed so much at a post in "The Local" for a long, long time. Thanks for that!!!!
+
John.Smith
post 12.Dec.2012, 01:42 PM
Post #18

Brought this to mind.

Attached Image

+
Hisingen
post 12.Dec.2012, 02:27 PM
Post #19

Reminded me of my cellar back in Jan 6th 1981. There had been a blockage in the sewer out in the road, then a thaw, and I went down to my cellar to check the boiler, and stepped into a foot of - 'the stuff' - that had flooded back into the house.
The smell of roses was everywhere.
Happily, despite it being 'Trettondagen' insurance company and council were in place within an hour of me calling in emergency, and the place was pumped out and drainage cleared at a great pace.
So I can sympathise with your situation from a personal experience of just the sweet smell of - - -.
It does however show a failing in the building construction though. Swedes always laugh at the British plumbing going down the outside wall, but the norm here of everything being inside the house does have its failings, and in your situation, there appears to have been a lack of insulation that has allowed the definitely wrong type of plumbing to freeze.
Look forward to an issue of clothes pegs - for nasal use - and an abundance of Wunderbaum Air Fresheners.

Happy Christmas. cool.gif
+
Snood
post 12.Dec.2012, 03:05 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 12.Dec.2012, 01:27 PM) *
Swedes always laugh at the British plumbing going down the outside wall, but the norm here of everything being inside the house does have its failings,

They then go on to be proud of having ugly pipework on show in their bathrooms...
+
Svensksmith
post 12.Dec.2012, 04:00 PM
Post #21

Looks like your Christmas bonus came early this year...and it's the same thing I got.
+
Divan
post 12.Dec.2012, 04:12 PM
Post #22

Just goes to show that Sweden can be such a shit hole really!!

So happy that I left, now happily living in the UK where people are chatty and funny, so much more fun than seeing all those dour faces that populate the Swedish landscape.

My sympathies to you John S.
+
Pursuivant
post 12.Dec.2012, 04:34 PM
Post #23

- How was work today?
- Same old shit, how was yours?
- Fresh!
+
Hisingen
post 12.Dec.2012, 08:47 PM
Post #24

That will bring about a lot of red fa(e)ces.

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
+
John.Smith
post 13.Dec.2012, 01:18 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (Divan @ 12.Dec.2012, 04:12 PM) *
Just goes to show that Sweden can be such a shit hole really!!So happy that I left, now happily living in the UK where people are chatty and funny, so much more fun th ... (show full quote)

Au contraire mon amie, my sympathies to you for your lack of ability to enjoy life here.
+
Divan
post 13.Dec.2012, 02:50 PM
Post #26

No need for your sympathies mon amie, I am not the one suffering your current fate in shitty Sverige. To each his own.

God Jul and may the Gods of Kaka rain more brownies on you this season and always!
Ever wonder why the Swedes have all manner of cakes ending with "kaka"? :-))
+
John.Smith
post 13.Dec.2012, 03:24 PM
Post #27

Thanks for the thread hijack and extremely sound advice smile.gif

I suggest you redirect your energies into figuring out why the Swedish people didn't like you. It's rather strange that a whole nation of people (according to you at least) plus at least one person who is not Swedish (me) have taken an instant disliking to you?

The mind boggles. rolleyes.gif
+
Migga
post 13.Dec.2012, 03:30 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (Divan @ 13.Dec.2012, 02:50 PM) *
No need for your sympathies mon amie, I am not the one suffering your current fate in shitty Sverige. To each his own.God Jul and may the Gods of Kaka rain more brownies on yo ... (show full quote)

Considering your posts here I can see why some people around you didn`t like you, good luck with your future elsewhere.
+
Hisingen
post 13.Dec.2012, 07:19 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (Divan @ 12.Dec.2012, 04:12 PM) *
Just goes to show that Sweden can be such a shit hole really!! So happy that I left, . . . .

Your'e happy old son, but not half as happy as the folks here are that you left. The air is much fresher now. The likes of you are a blot on the landscape, whichever land you end up in. I pity your neighbours, though.
Tara well. tongue.gif
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN