• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Repatriating household goods

Are there any taxes or limits on what we can send?

risky
post 18.Dec.2012, 03:38 PM
Post #1

My wife is Swedish but due to overseas work she hasn't lived there since even before we met (6 years ago). We are planning to relocate to Stockholm in February/March which would involve about 15 cubic meters of our household and personal possessions. Is anyone familiar with the tax/duty implications of doing this, i.e. are we allowed to send everything without paying tax or do we need to itemise the lot and pay?

While I'm at it, if anyone has recommendations for a relocation consultant/service who have proved valuable in the past and doesn't mind conversing with me in English, please pass that recommendation on (I hope doing so is allowed on the forum).
Go to the top of the page
+
Johno
post 18.Dec.2012, 05:01 PM
Post #2

We are planning to relocate to Stockholm

While I havent a clue, I think you might get an answer quicker if you said from where ?
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 18.Dec.2012, 05:29 PM
Post #3

In general you don't need to pay duty or tax on household items:
http://www.tullverket.se/en/startpage/keyw...eb80002326.html
(by "overseas" I guess you mean the US, or at least outside the EU)
+
risky
post 19.Dec.2012, 02:03 AM
Post #4

Sorry. It's from outside the EU (Singapore). I keep forgetting the EU/non-EU differences for many laws!

Thanks for the relevant Tullverket link. Sounds positive!
+
wabasha
post 19.Dec.2012, 08:01 AM
Post #5

for what its worth, I sent a couple cubic meters of household goods after living in sweden for about 4 years, paid no duty fees (from the US). I can also say that the custom official in Gothenburg that I dealt with was just about the most lowest form of human I have had contact with in recent years. Be prepared. record what is in each box so a 3 year old can understand it. www.vls-global.com
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com