• Sweden's news in English
The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

air traffic controller or air dispatcher jobs

jobs in sweden

post 15.Mar.2015, 03:13 PM
Post #1

Hi. I'm planning to move to Stockholm with my swedish g.f.
I used to work at the base operation and military towers as an american soldier and
my duty was air traffic controller.

I heard and saw this information at 'work.sweden.se' that
there are shortages of air traffic controllers in Sweden.
However, it is hard to get any information about this job.

If you know about any information about air traffic controller jobs in Sweden
(training school, organization etc)
Please help me and it will be very helpful for me.

I have 3years experience and i am willing to study swedish and go to the training school or programs . I am ready to do whatever i can to be an air traffic controller in Sweden

Thank you.
Go to the top of the page
post 15.Mar.2015, 06:06 PM
Post #2

post 15.Mar.2015, 09:36 PM
Post #3

Don't you know how to use the Internet? And you will need to learn Swedish - pretty quickly and well.
post 16.Mar.2015, 02:42 AM
Post #4

Thank you for the link iamaho

and Hisingen, ofc I know how to use the internet.
I expected to get more practical information from people who have tried to get an air controll job in Sweden. There are some information on the internet but they are not that useful.

and I saw that almost 100% radio contact services are provided in english.
yet another brit
post 16.Mar.2015, 05:42 PM
Post #5

I can't imagine that you can survive and work only in English, really, really, really not.

Maybe talk to the study leader at Linköping University (where "flygledare" are taught) about how transferable your skills are and how to recertify?
Rick Methven
post 17.Mar.2015, 07:15 AM
Post #6

The lingua franca of commercial air traffic communications is English but not for other traffic. For example here at Linköping Saab airport communication with KLM is English bit SAS and any SE registered aircraft is in Swedish. There are many light aircraft in Sweden and pilots speak Swedish not English. You would need to learn Swedish aviation terminology as well as normal Swedish. After 30 years I am still trying to get to grips with some Swedish terms and I have been in aviation for 45 years!!
All ATC's in Sweden need a good command of English but must be 100% fluent in Swedish. Any inability to communicate properly can cost lives.
post 17.Mar.2015, 02:45 PM
Post #7

thank you for the reply
It was very helpful

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at: