• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

'Train crash might have been an accident'

The Local
post 17.Jan.2013, 03:34 PM
Post #1

As sightseers flocked to the train that remains lodged inside a Stockholm house after a cleaning lady crashed it on Tuesday, officials have backed down and admitted the incident may indeed have been an accident.

Two days after a train ploughed into a house in the wealthy Stockholm suburb of Saltsjöbaden, the scene has become a popular destination for onlookers eager to catch an in-person glimpse of the unusual spectacle.

Meanwhile, police and officials are still none the wiser as to why a 22-year-old cleaning lady was driving the train in the first place.

Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
Mo
post 17.Jan.2013, 04:34 PM
Post #2

bit insensitive to say no one was hurt when the cleaner is unconscious in hospital
+
Hamsterdam
post 17.Jan.2013, 05:07 PM
Post #3

"Relieved that no one was killed" says the spokeperson.
I guess crippled is acceptable?
Overall the comedy goes on. ( no offense to the hospitalised cleaner.
+
EmployedProfessional
post 17.Jan.2013, 06:26 PM
Post #4

Why is it that Sweden never gets it until they really GET IT!!!
The very thought that there is no security or adequate safety systems that could have prevented this tragety is unthinkable!
No ATM(look it up) system on the line,really?
This is 2013,there is simply no acceptable excuse for such dagis level neglegance!
+
RobinHood
post 17.Jan.2013, 08:18 PM
Post #5

Ooops. This might turn out to be rather expensive for The Local, who have been calling her a thief all week.
+
jostein
post 18.Jan.2013, 01:12 AM
Post #6

My sympathy to her if it was an accident. If not, awe!
+
Åskar
post 18.Jan.2013, 09:38 AM
Post #7

@EmployedProfessional
I don't have to look up what an ATM is as I already know. The one closest to my office is just outside the main entrance.
I also know what an Automatic Train Control system is.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se