• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Ikea food? No thanks say India

(BANNED) Some people have good taste

Bender B Rodriquez
post 22.Nov.2012, 03:37 PM
Post #16

It is a word play. "Engrish" and "kung-fu". Get it?
Go to the top of the page
+
JulieLou40
post 22.Nov.2012, 04:44 PM
Post #17

Hard to tell the difference, when you have someone with English as bad as byke...
+
JulieLou40
post 22.Nov.2012, 04:48 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Rima1985 @ 22.Nov.2012, 02:15 PM) *
The thing is that WE DONT GIVE A SHIT about what India think about Ikea. . Their spicy food are just disgusting...

I disagree, and think that Indian food is absolutely fantastic. So much more imaginative with the spices and flavourings than other countries wink.gif

QUOTE (AW1 @ 22.Nov.2012, 02:44 PM) *
By WE, you mean You? . A nice Indian curry or bouncy meatballs from IKEA? Hmm, it's a tough one to answer... blink.gif

Absolutely. I'd kill for a good curry sometimes. Can't wait for a visit to my favourite restaurant next time I visit the UK!
+
skogsbo
post 22.Nov.2012, 05:01 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (byke @ 22.Nov.2012, 02:13 PM) *
Banned : the state of restricting something.Ikea : A business model that is not able to offer the same services as they do elsewhere in the world, with the emphasis of them pr ... (show full quote)

Can you be banned from something if you didn't ask for it in the first place. Perhaps the statement that "Ikea is fullfilling its contractual agreement in not selling food" would be correct?

QUOTE (JulieLou40 @ 22.Nov.2012, 04:48 PM) *
Absolutely. I'd kill for a good curry sometimes. Can't wait for a visit to my favourite restaurant next time I visit the UK!

I have no requirement to kill, as I'm in the UK in 10 days time, but with the low sentences for murder in Sweden and the fact that curry withdrawl could be taken into account, lowering the sentence further, it might make it worth the while.

I even know what I'm having already on a boys night out, chicken chat/puree, jalfrezi, lemon rice, g naan smile.gif All cooked by some guys from Bradford who drive out to their dales curry house 364days/yr. Full marks for great food and their work ethics. Who can blame them for not wanting bland balls and cold thin custard.
+
JulieLou40
post 22.Nov.2012, 05:17 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 22.Nov.2012, 05:01 PM) *
Can you be banned from something if you didn't ask for it in the first place. Perhaps the statement that "Ikea is fullfilling its contractual agreement in not selling ... (show full quote)

My dad goes to Bradford sometimes and eats at somewhere called the Karachi. Apparently it's the best Indian restaurant for miles. And that's saying something in Bradford, because there are loads of Indian restaurants!

Just a tip in case you don't know it smile.gif
+
Yorkshireman
post 22.Nov.2012, 06:22 PM
Post #21

Like it or not, "banned" fully complies with description relating to the article.

No it does not, it would be more correct to say barred, disallowed, not allowed to etc... but not banned that only complies with your poor interpretation of the facts.

Ikea applied for entry into the India Market under the Single Brand Retail Policy. A policy which itself disallows food retail. So, they were not banned from selling food, since they couldn't have under the policy of the application they made! In addition to that, the Indian Gov. made a few policy changes to meet Ikea's requirements, including reducing the normal 30% local sourcing requirement, food was something that was not important enough, right now, for Ikea to fight harder for.

And I would be quite certain, as with many businesses, that Ikea don't look at it as a ban, more as they tried to get as much as possible given an absence of Ikea-power in India ... at least now they have a foothold, and as they grow, become more established and powerful in the country, they have greater influence to have the rules changed wink.gif.
+
byke
post 22.Nov.2012, 06:26 PM
Post #22

"He's not dead, he's just resting" biggrin.gif
+
Boar
post 22.Nov.2012, 06:57 PM
Post #23

Banned : the state of restricting something.Ikea : A business model that is not able to offer the same services as they do elsewhere in the world, with the emphasis of them pr ... (show full quote)

So you will need to try harder with your attempts of your Engrish kung fu.

I guess he meant to say Engrish. English Gris. Irish gris. Something like pig meat balls instead.

Rima1985: People like you imigrent women think that they are princess once they start life in Sweden. If you ate Swedish food or not who cares. It's personal who likes it or not. What kind of grass do you eat? Have to type with some mistakes in order to filter my message to get withstand. Are you a woman or is your name something looks like a man in some countries.

I guess it is foolish to just discuss who writes better or who suk it.
+
byke
post 23.Nov.2012, 12:50 PM
Post #24

HA BLOODY HA HA

http://www.thelocal.se/44612/20121123/
+
seseo
post 29.Nov.2012, 11:00 AM
Post #25

I don't feel this could make us laugh on the stupid stuff.. Hackie said something right ..
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists
Click here for the full job description