• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Why do I think dark, grey cloudy days are good?

Am I a loser?

Rima1985
post 22.Nov.2012, 03:08 AM
Post #1

I've always been attracted into cold countries : Scandinavian countries, Canada,Russia more than Brazil ,Portugal etc.
I don't like when it's warm and It's a pure pleasure for me when I can be in Sweden the winter. It's so cold ,pure,beautiful. The only bad thing is when people around start to complain and I'm the only one who's happy.
I've noticed that many Swedes become depressed ,stressed or irritated and I really don't get it.
BTW it would be very strange a Christmas without snow.
Go to the top of the page
+
organic225
post 22.Nov.2012, 03:55 AM
Post #2

It's because of the cliché, "The grass is always greener on the other side." People who have always lived in cold climates tend to long for sunny warm locales, and vice versa. Things always seem better wherever one isn't. Just one of the idiosyncrasies of human nature I suppose.
+
Hamsterdam
post 22.Nov.2012, 06:07 AM
Post #3

Reading your words and your generalisations, I would conclude it is because you are a half-witted oaf.

Now go back to your hovel and stay there.
+
texaslass
post 22.Nov.2012, 08:30 AM
Post #4

I, too prefer the winter here over the summer. I like the dark. The snow and rain are annoying, but I love the dark. At least one can get a decent night's sleep as opposed to the summer. And the best of all- no skin-damaging UV rays, so you do not have to wear sunblock every day like in the summer. So, count me in - winter rocks!!!
+
skogsbo
post 22.Nov.2012, 08:52 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Rima1985 @ 22.Nov.2012, 03:08 AM) *
I've noticed that many Swedes become depressed ,stressed or irritated and I really don't get it.

still trolling?

I know lots of Swede who love winter and just as many who hope for very little snow! Just like other countries where they spend a fortune chasing either the snow or the sun in winter, peoples taste varies.
+
johnjohn
post 22.Nov.2012, 10:01 AM
Post #6

For me grey skies mean warmer winter temperatures. My doors and windows are open each day and hopefully will be for a few more weeks.
+
Svensksmith
post 22.Nov.2012, 12:27 PM
Post #7

I like the change of seasons. Each season has its own merits. If I had to pick my favorite, I would say a nice, crisp fall day is best.
+
Snood
post 22.Nov.2012, 12:48 PM
Post #8

I do like a crisp, light morning and don't at all mind the cold, just dress correctly. but the winters do drag on a bit for my liking, more specifically the dark mornings and evenings do. In a new year I find myself looking at sunrise times to see how many extra minutes of sunlight I'll have tomorrow.

I don't mind snow but do prefer that it stays away for as long as possible to I can safely cycle too and from work for as long as possible. The most annoying thing about winter in Sweden is the gravel. I understand the need for it but it can be annoying to walk on and creates a lot of mess. At least in Gothenburg last year they were pretty quick at sweeping it all up again.

Ultimately I do prefer summer
+
Mahmoud.Suleiman
post 22.Nov.2012, 01:22 PM
Post #9

People are known by their weathers. Cold countries tends to give you the impression of tranquility while hot/warm countries are more vivid and full of life.
I actually like both weather, I came from Egypt where we have never seen snow in our lives but I kinda like the chilly weather of Sweden. People might disagree but the only disadvantage for me is the lack of sun and vitamin D.
+
Rima1985
post 22.Nov.2012, 01:40 PM
Post #10

Why anti-Swedes people are running the forum . I didn't choose that title.
+
Rima1985
post 22.Nov.2012, 01:47 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 22.Nov.2012, 07:52 AM) *
still trolling?I know lots of Swede who love winter and just as many who hope for very little snow! Just like other countries where they spend a fortune chasing either the ... (show full quote)

Who's trolling ,you or me?
Well I don't know a lots of Swedes who love winter,most of them wait for summer.
My husband who is Swedish doesn't like either winter and doesn't understand when I'm so glad about cold,snow ,winter.
I love Swedish weather very much.
So now if saying that is trolling FUCK YOU
+
Hisingen
post 22.Nov.2012, 02:00 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Rima1985 @ 22.Nov.2012, 01:47 PM) *
W. . . . .. So now if saying that is trolling FUCK YOU

Whether the weather be cold
Or whether the weather be hot
We'll weather the weather
Whatever the weather
Whether we like it or not.

And using that kind of language will not get you a lot of Christmas cards.
You ain't no lady that's for sure. cool.gif
+
Rima1985
post 22.Nov.2012, 02:12 PM
Post #13

I'm not waiting Christmas cards from this forum lol...

And ladies can say any word they want. Men don't have the monopole of swearing.
+
Svensksmith
post 22.Nov.2012, 02:25 PM
Post #14

Well, I suppose you could belch and fart in public, too. Chew snus, drive a Harley, sport a "Born to Raise Hell" tatto over your left breast and chew with your mouth open.
+
Rima1985
post 22.Nov.2012, 02:55 PM
Post #15

Yes I could.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se